Snow!

Old January 23rd 05, 07:45 PM
Suja

Default Snow!

For anyone feeling snow deprived - I'm probably alone in that, as our
predicted 5-9" turned into a wimpy 3" - take a look at Enfield cam. No
Huskies, but lots and lots of the white stuff.

*sigh*

If I'm going to be cold, I want snow to go with it, dammit!

Suja
Old January 23rd 05, 07:48 PM

In article %aSId.50515$Tf5.40412@lakeread03,
Suja wrote:
For anyone feeling snow deprived - I'm probably alone in that, as our
predicted 5-9" turned into a wimpy 3" - take a look at Enfield cam. No
Huskies, but lots and lots of the white stuff.

Emmett's outside at the moment but he's snoozing - I wore
him out this morning with a snowshoeing expedition in the
woods out back. There's about a foot of snow and Emmett
says that the correct mode of travel in deep snow is high,
enthusiastic bounding, so he's just flat as can be.

Let us develop a kind of dangerous unselfishness -- ML King
Old January 23rd 05, 09:28 PM
MauiJNP

Well, we got a foot of it, maybe a little more than that. I took out my toy
poodle for a very short time. It didn't really like it. I kinda wished he
did but I understand that he is a little small for it. Maybe next dog (when
I get a standard poodle or lab).

Old January 24th 05, 12:47 AM
Spot

We ended up with about 6 inches of the stuff. Brandy had a good time
plowing her nose through the snow, eating little bites of it and rolling
around getting a snow bath.

Go figure she won't go anywhere into wet grass but give her a yard full of
snow and she's bounding out into it and in heaven.........LOL

Celeste

Old January 24th 05, 01:57 PM
Janet

we managed 6" here, very fluffy stuff. The wind is enough to do me in.
Keeping the woodstove going, but waiting for firewood delivery!
Franklin loves the snow and cold (and brings some of each in with him
on every outside trip). I'd just as soon stay in.

Old January 24th 05, 07:37 PM
Sionnach

"Janet" wrote in message
oups.com...
we managed 6" here, very fluffy stuff.

That's about what we got; Bob, up in Elkton, reports about 10-12".

The wind is enough to do me in.

It's died down a bit this afternoon, thank goodness.

Keeping the woodstove going, but waiting for firewood delivery!
Franklin loves the snow and cold (and brings some of each in with him
on every outside trip). I'd just as soon stay in.

I bundled up and took the dogs to the park yesterday - we stayed maybe
half an hour or so.
Morag likes the cold, but kept getting snowballs in her feet & having to
stop and bite them out. Rocsi, despite wearing her Thinsulate jacket, got
chilly after awhile - in large part because she's low enough to the ground
to get snow on her underside; eventually, enough of it melts to make her
jacket damp. She also seems to feel it in her feet.

Brenin, despite his short coat, would cheerfully have stayed for hours.

Old January 25th 05, 08:02 PM
Alison

"MauiJNP" wrote in message
Well, we got a foot of it, maybe a little more than that. I took

out my toy
poodle for a very short time. It didn't really like it. I kinda

wished he
did but I understand that he is a little small for it. Maybe next

dog (when
I get a standard poodle or lab).

I've had Dibby about a year and a half and in that time, we've had
no snow that's settled (South East England). He's only 10 inches high
and I'm dying to see his reaction when we finally get some.
Alison

Old January 25th 05, 08:45 PM
MauiJNP

"Alison" wrote in message

"MauiJNP" wrote in message
Well, we got a foot of it, maybe a little more than that. I took

out my toy
poodle for a very short time. It didn't really like it. I kinda

wished he
did but I understand that he is a little small for it. Maybe next

dog (when
I get a standard poodle or lab).

I've had Dibby about a year and a half and in that time, we've had
no snow that's settled (South East England). He's only 10 inches high
and I'm dying to see his reaction when we finally get some.
Alison

well, we gave it another try today and I am glad we did. Maui just loved
it. I think the difference was that the snow was harder, not so powdery.
He was running through it, sinking in it, eating it and sniffing it. He
loved it. The only problem was when he came in, his belly and legs were
covered with ice balls. I had to blow dry him offf to get him warm and dry
again. We will probably go out later again. I am beginning to wonder if he
needs a coat though, not just a sweater or sweatshirt?

Old January 26th 05, 06:20 PM
Alison

"MauiJNP" wrote in message

well, we gave it another try today and I am glad we did. Maui just

loved
it. I think the difference was that the snow was harder, not so

powdery.
He was running through it, sinking in it, eating it and sniffing it.

He
loved it. The only problem was when he came in, his belly and legs

were
covered with ice balls. I had to blow dry him offf to get him warm

and dry
again. We will probably go out later again. I am beginning to

wonder if he
needs a coat though, not just a sweater or sweatshirt?

Sounds like he had a fun time
I don't have a sweat shirt for Dibby, just coats that cover his back
and chest. I think if it snowed I would put a water proof one on him
and hope that would be enough to keep him warm. he is smooth haired so
the snow wouldn't stick to his fur. Dogs keep warm by running around
but I would limit the walk to about 15 mins.
Alison

Old January 26th 05, 08:05 PM
JoKing

We had two feet of snow in the latest east coast storm. Here's a recent pic
of -20C with high winds and blowing snow. Did I get out of the evening
walkie? Not a chance! He loved it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../winterpup.jpg

"Suja" wrote
For anyone feeling snow deprived - I'm probably alone in that, as our
predicted 5-9" turned into a wimpy 3" - take a look at Enfield cam. No
Huskies, but lots and lots of the white stuff.

*sigh*

If I'm going to be cold, I want snow to go with it, dammit!

Suja

Ugh, snow balls, and girls in heat Child Dog behavior 57 December 13th 03 03:14 PM
Ugh, snow balls, and girls in heat Child Dog behavior 0 December 12th 03 06:26 AM
OT - snow! J1Boss Dog behavior 80 December 7th 03 09:54 PM
OT - snow! J1Boss Dog behavior 0 December 5th 03 08:33 PM
OT - snow! J1Boss Dog behavior 0 December 5th 03 08:33 PM