Help with breed identification

Old January 25th 05, 01:15 PM
flynnr2

Default Help with breed identification

Recently adopted 5'ish year old female dog from Wales; 18 in (45 cm)
tall at the shoulder; 30 lb (14 kg).

Any thoughts on breed(s) would be appreciated - photos can be found at:
http://whatbreed.blogspot.com/

thanks in advance

Old January 25th 05, 04:18 PM

Don't know the breed. But it's a CUTE doggie. Congratulations.

--
What is said here is for amusement
purposes only. Any opinions expressed

ups.com...

Old January 25th 05, 04:30 PM
Liisa Sarakontu

"flynnr2" wrote in
ups.com:

Any thoughts on breed(s) would be appreciated - photos can be found at:
http://whatbreed.blogspot.com/

Rather retrieverish face, but the dog is far too small for a 1st gen
retriever cross - well, if there are lots of Tollers (Nova Scotia Duck
Tolling Retriever) in your area, a retriever parent might be possible but
otherwise not.

Such a bright red coat isn't that common in dogs. The pattern has to be
clear sable, as I think that I see black (and not yellow) whiskers. No
hints of masking, rather short coat, very generic "just dog" type body. In
the middle pic it looks a lot like a Finnish Spiz cross, but I gave never
seen one with the face that we see in the last pic (and we have a couple
around here in Finland...) You would also nearly always get a curled tail
with one purebred spitz parent.

This dog could be very much anything, but my guess this time will be Border
Collie x German Pinscher. BC for the generic dog looks and Pinscher for the
deep red color, sable pattern, nearly no white, short coat and smallish
size. If there are no German Pinscher around, perhaps some kind of terrier.

Liisa
Old January 25th 05, 05:03 PM
ceb

"flynnr2" wrote in news:1106655352.706702.88760
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Recently adopted 5'ish year old female dog from Wales; 18 in (45 cm)
tall at the shoulder; 30 lb (14 kg).

Any thoughts on breed(s) would be appreciated - photos can be found at:
http://whatbreed.blogspot.com/

thanks in advance

I never know the breeds but she looks like a shep/chow I know, kind of. But
I mostly wanted to say she's just beautiful!

--Catherine
& Zoe & Queenie
Old January 25th 05, 05:12 PM
flynnr2

Liisa Sarakontu wrote:
Such a bright red coat isn't that common in dogs. The pattern has to

be
clear sable, as I think that I see black (and not yellow) whiskers.

No
hints of masking, rather short coat, very generic "just dog" type

body. In

All correct:
- black whiskers
- short coat
- no masking
- tiny spray of white on her chest
(noticable in bed photo)

Old January 25th 05, 05:17 PM
Diana

"Liisa Sarakontu" wrote in message
. ..
"flynnr2" wrote in
ups.com:

[..]

This dog could be very much anything, but my guess this time will be
Border
Collie x German Pinscher. BC for the generic dog looks and Pinscher for
the
deep red color, sable pattern, nearly no white, short coat and smallish
size. If there are no German Pinscher around, perhaps some kind of
terrier.

Liisa

Wales is one of the worst areas for puppy farming (milling) in the UK now so
you'll get a lot more variety of breeds than you might elsewhere though
thankfully barr the labradoodle they don't seem to have caught on to the
'poo' thing yet. The Welsh government has even been giving grants to farmers
to diversify from their original traditional farming to puppy farming since
the foot & Mouth crisis of a few years ago.

BC's are also very prolific in Wales - as a child I remember them being
specifically referred to as welsh collies so that would be probable.

Diana & Cindy

--
Cindy's web site
http://cindy-incidentally.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk

Old January 25th 05, 06:11 PM
Washington's Apple

..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old January 25th 05, 06:13 PM
Washington's Apple

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old January 30th 05, 06:55 AM
Catharine

I'm thinking maybe some shiba inu in there perhaps?
The colour is right and ears.
Does she have a thick course coat that sheds alot?
Catharine

ups.com...

Old January 30th 05, 01:38 PM
Hi Im WEEniE with MyFav4ite Midi

Not an expert but I think she has some Dingo in her