Puppy Mill

Old January 30th 05, 10:23 PM
buzzsaw

Default Puppy Mill

I have heard this term before, but acutally do not know what it means. What
is a puppy mill?

Old January 30th 05, 10:52 PM
Bear

http://www.nopuppymills.com/
http://www.puppymillrescue.com/
http://www.stoppuppymills.org/

Old January 31st 05, 02:15 AM
Mali More

"Bear" wrote in message
I have heard this term before, but acutally do not know what it means.
What
is a puppy mill?

http://www.nopuppymills.com/
http://www.puppymillrescue.com/
http://www.stoppuppymills.org/

The third link is probably the best to give you an explanation or definition
of a puppymill.

I seemed to have moved to a place where puppymills are the norm
(Missouri)...very different from California where we mostly just had to deal
with BYB (backyard breeders - people that breed their pet to make some money
or because "everyone wants a dog like....").

An easy definition of a puppymill is an operation that produces puppies to
sell for commercial purposes. These operations commonly have many different
breeds of dogs available. The conditions these dogs are kept in is usually
not the best - or even close to acceptable. They are kept in small cages,
sometimes stacked on each other. Also, the other thing that I REALLY
noticed when I went to a place that ended up being a puppymill (went with a
friend that wanted a puppy and went only so I could talk her out of
it....thankfully that worked), was that they didn't allow people back where
the dogs were kept, they brought the puppies and parents to us.

Mali

Old January 31st 05, 03:46 AM
Bear

I have heard this term before, but acutally do not know what it means.
What
is a puppy mill?

http://www.nopuppymills.com/
http://www.puppymillrescue.com/
http://www.stoppuppymills.org/

The third link is probably the best to give you an explanation or
definition
of a puppymill.

I seemed to have moved to a place where puppymills are the norm
(Missouri)...very different from California where we mostly just had to
deal
with BYB (backyard breeders - people that breed their pet to make some
money
or because "everyone wants a dog like....").

Unfortunately Ohio, Indiana, and IL are moving up fast. The Amish are the
worst.

Old February 1st 05, 04:33 AM
Michael A. Ball

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 22:46:48 -0500, "Bear" wrote:

I seemed to have moved to a place where puppymills are the norm
(Missouri)...very different from California where we mostly just had to
deal
with BYB (backyard breeders - people that breed their pet to make some
money
or because "everyone wants a dog like....").

Unfortunately Ohio, Indiana, and IL are moving up fast. The Amish are the
worst.

"The Amish are the worst."? Is there any proof of that? Not that I don't
believe you: I'd just like to have some evidence, before I discard my
respect for the Amish. Gosh, it sounds like a throw back to the
beginnings of puppy milling!

"Only two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former."
Albert Einstein
Old February 1st 05, 11:42 AM
Ruth

"Michael A. Ball" wrote in message

The Amish are the worst."? Is there any proof of that?

Go to google and type in amish puppymills.
--
Ruth, Greta, Woody & Thelma

Old February 1st 05, 01:35 PM
sighthounds & siberians

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:33:14 -0500, Michael A. Ball
wrote:

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 22:46:48 -0500, "Bear" wrote:

I seemed to have moved to a place where puppymills are the norm
(Missouri)...very different from California where we mostly just had to
deal
with BYB (backyard breeders - people that breed their pet to make some
money
or because "everyone wants a dog like....").

Unfortunately Ohio, Indiana, and IL are moving up fast. The Amish are the
worst.

"The Amish are the worst."? Is there any proof of that? Not that I don't
believe you: I'd just like to have some evidence, before I discard my
respect for the Amish. Gosh, it sounds like a throw back to the
beginnings of puppy milling!

I don't know what proof you need, but the Amish are not known for
stewardship of animals. Their field and buggy horses are worked hard,
buggies are often parked in full sun while their horses have no access
to water. And yes, many Amish people are puppy-millers.

Mustang Sally

Old February 1st 05, 04:13 PM
Michael A. Ball

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 08:35:44 -0500, sighthounds & siberians
wrote:

I don't know what proof you need, but the Amish are not known for
stewardship of animals...

Well, I don't need to be struck by lightening or stone tablets, but this
is not a fact that would have seemed logical to me. Therefore, I'd like
to do my homework before I begin shooting at the Amish. Thanks for
adding your findings on the Amish.

Old February 2nd 05, 02:45 AM
sighthounds & siberians

wrote:

I don't know what proof you need, but the Amish are not known for
stewardship of animals...

Well, I don't need to be struck by lightening or stone tablets, but this
is not a fact that would have seemed logical to me. Therefore, I'd like
to do my homework before I begin shooting at the Amish. Thanks for
adding your findings on the Amish.

I don't recall suggesting that anyone shoot at any Amish people.
However, what I posted about them is fact, verified by personal
observation and experience.

Mustang Sally

Old February 2nd 05, 02:46 AM
sighthounds & siberians

in thread news whittled the following words:

wrote:

I don't know what proof you need, but the Amish are not known for
stewardship of animals...

Well, I don't need to be struck by lightening or stone tablets, but this
is not a fact that would have seemed logical to me. Therefore, I'd like
to do my homework before I begin shooting at the Amish. Thanks for
adding your findings on the Amish.

"Only two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former."
Albert Einstein

Well Michael, this happens to be our experience here in western Ohio. As
well as vast areas of Pennsylvania and Indiana

Other areas of Ohio, too, in addition to western Ohio.

Mustang Sally