how to introduce new pup to cat?

Old January 31st 05, 11:08 AM
Trog

Default how to introduce new pup to cat?

cagney wrote:

Hi
I will be introducing my 6 year old female cat to a new 9 week old
dachshund in the next couple of weeks. My cat is use to dachshunds she
had one for 12 years. The question is how do I introduce them without my
cat having a hissy fit. My cat is the only animal right now and she's
use to being the queen of the house. I want to make this an easy
transition for her and the pup. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks you

I wouldnt worry about it. Ive had cats and dogs come and go all my
life. In fact, having just aquired a new pup a month or two back and
having an existing cat of four years, the pup will be over friendly with
the cat. Untill the cat clips it around the nogin and so the pup will
learn a little respect. Dont stress about it. They will work it out.
Its my experience that cats tend to rule the roost. And with dogs and
cats ive had over the years, including a bull terrier and a doberman
sharing a house with a cat, well, let's just say the cat new how to
control the dogs. And the dogs learnt not to push their luck.