Has anyone encountered this...A rumbling sound when breathing?

Old January 31st 05, 11:14 PM
news.1scom.net

Default Has anyone encountered this...A rumbling sound when breathing?

We have a 10.5 yr old male Akita who has been making a rumble, kind of like
a purring, sound when he breathes out. He makes this sound about 1/3 of the
time, when he's lying down usually. He's never done this before and doesn't
seem to be in any pain, but it just started a few weeks ago and we don't
know what to make of it. Anybody experience anything like this??

Old January 31st 05, 11:58 PM
diddy

"news.1scom.net" composed these
thoughts and posted :

We have a 10.5 yr old male Akita who has been making a rumble, kind of
like a purring, sound when he breathes out. He makes this sound about
1/3 of the time, when he's lying down usually. He's never done this
before and doesn't seem to be in any pain, but it just started a few
weeks ago and we don't know what to make of it. Anybody experience
anything like this??

what did your vet think it was?
Old February 1st 05, 02:53 AM
Spot

You need to get the dog to a vet ASAP. This sounds like it could be
pneumonia and if it is and it's not treated it could kill him.

Celeste

Old February 1st 05, 05:49 PM
montana wildhack

On 2005-01-31 18:14:26 -0500, "news.1scom.net"
said:

We have a 10.5 yr old male Akita who has been making a rumble, kind of
like a purring, sound when he breathes out. He makes this sound about
1/3 of the time, when he's lying down usually. He's never done this
before and doesn't seem to be in any pain, but it just started a few
weeks ago and we don't know what to make of it. Anybody experience
anything like this??

Ditto what others said; get to the vet. All sorts of things may be
going on or you may just waste some money on nothing. Considering how
badly things can go with pneumonia and some of the other choices, the
price of an x-ray really isn't too bad.

We just went through this with one of our dogs. The x-ray was clear,
but she was put on antibiotics and her condition improved.

Old February 12th 05, 03:25 AM
news.1scom.net

The vet couldn't make a determination...of course our dog wouldn't make the
noise while we were at the vet's office! His lungs were clear and labs
normal. X-rays were unclear due to a lot of fluid he's carrying in his
midsection. He's being given some meds (diuretics) to reduce the fluid
retention and then some follow up x-rays after the meds are gone. But
again, he doesn't do this all the time, that's what's so odd.

news:2005020111495216807%montana@wildhackinvalid.. .