dog ate his bandage (*$@# you HJM)

Old February 3rd 05, 10:09 PM
Michelle

Default dog ate his bandage (*$@# you HJM)

Okay so I was busy with the movie quiz (thanks Jack) and my dog ate his
bandage 2" gauze pad and paper tape off his foot, he left it on all night
without bothering it but I guess today was a no go...so I am wondering what
can I give him to "grease him up" for easier digestion of the gauze pad..
there was no plastic on the pad

Thanks, Michelle

Old February 3rd 05, 10:10 PM
montana wildhack

On 2005-02-03 16:09:34 -0500, "Michelle" said:

Okay so I was busy with the movie quiz (thanks Jack) and my dog ate his
bandage 2" gauze pad and paper tape off his foot, he left it on all night
without bothering it but I guess today was a no go...so I am wondering what
can I give him to "grease him up" for easier digestion of the gauze pad..
there was no plastic on the pad

Thanks, Michelle

I wouldn't worry about it. You can always give him a little olive oil,
but we've had dogs eat a lot more cloth than that and think nothing of
it. Of course, our smallest dog weighs 60 lbs.

Old February 3rd 05, 10:13 PM
Michelle

news:2005020315101477923%montana@wildhackinvalid.. .
On 2005-02-03 16:09:34 -0500, "Michelle" said:

I wouldn't worry about it. You can always give him a little olive oil,
but we've had dogs eat a lot more cloth than that and think nothing of
it. Of course, our smallest dog weighs 60 lbs.

Okay I'll give him some oil, he is 75 lbs. so hopefully he will not block..

I thank you and if this helps him pass Buddy thanks you too..

Michelle

Old February 3rd 05, 10:14 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

"Michelle" wrote in
ink.net:

On 2005-02-03 16:09:34 -0500, "Michelle"
said:

I wouldn't worry about it. You can always give him a little olive
oil, but we've had dogs eat a lot more cloth than that and think
nothing of it. Of course, our smallest dog weighs 60 lbs.

Okay I'll give him some oil, he is 75 lbs. so hopefully he will not
block..

I thank you and if this helps him pass Buddy thanks you too..

This reminds me of a joke that I recently read:

KEYBOARD ALERT

A man enters a bar with his pet monkey. The man walks straight up to the
bar when his monkey companion jumps on a nearby pool table grabs a pool
ball and swallows it whole. The bartender, shocked, asks the man “Why in
the hell did he do that?”

The man replies, “He always eats things whole.”

Two days latter the same man with his monkey go into the same bar. This
time the monkey follows the man to the bar. The monkey grabs a peanut off
the bar sticks it up his ass and then eats it.

The bartender shocked at this asks, “Why did he stick it up his ass
first?” The man replies, “Ever since the pool ball he makes sure
everything will fit.”

--
Marcel and Moogli
Old February 3rd 05, 10:35 PM
Michelle

"Handsome Jack Morrison" wrote in message
On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 21:09:34 GMT, "Michelle"
wrote:

Try some mineral oil. 1-2 tablespoons, depending on his size.

I gave him some olive oil, will that work??

What breed?

He's a lovely mutt..

And then just keep an eye on him.

He should be just fine.

Don't sweat it.

Now get back to The List!

I am trying but I have seriously drawn a blank..

Michelle

Old February 3rd 05, 11:03 PM
Michelle

"Handsome Jack Morrison" wrote in message
On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 21:35:47 GMT, "Michelle"
wrote:

[]
Try some mineral oil. 1-2 tablespoons, depending on his size.

I gave him some olive oil, will that work??

Absolutely.

Even good ol' vegetable oil, too.

What breed?

He's a lovely mutt..

A lovely 75 pound mutt, right?

Give him 2 tablespoons.

Well 74.4 lbs. but you know how males like to make things bigger if it
was my female I'd say 74. LOL

Done, now back to the list nefore buzz beats me to more answers.

Michelle

Old February 4th 05, 04:48 AM
Child

"Michelle" wrote in message
ink.net...
Okay so I was busy with the movie quiz (thanks Jack) and my dog ate his
bandage 2" gauze pad and paper tape off his foot, he left it on all night
without bothering it but I guess today was a no go...so I am wondering
what
can I give him to "grease him up" for easier digestion of the gauze pad..
there was no plastic on the pad

Thanks, Michelle

I fed my dog bits of cotton gauze pad when i thought he might have eaten
glass, on the vets recommendation (he suggested bits of cotton balls, but i
only had pads, which he suggested we tear apart).

Old February 4th 05, 05:29 AM
Michelle

"Child" wrote in message

"Michelle" wrote in message
ink.net...

SNIP

I fed my dog bits of cotton gauze pad when i thought he might have eaten
glass, on the vets recommendation (he suggested bits of cotton balls, but

only had pads, which he suggested we tear apart).

Yeah I was not to worried about the gauze pad until I called my vet and
she was in surgery so one of her assistants said "This may cause blockage,
give him some cat laxatives and make sure he passes it" I have given him
olive oil and I will be dissecting poop YAY!!

Michelle

Old February 4th 05, 06:56 PM
Ryan

"Michelle" wrote in message
ink.net...
Okay so I was busy with the movie quiz (thanks Jack) and my dog ate his
bandage 2" gauze pad and paper tape off his foot, he left it on all night
without bothering it but I guess today was a no go...so I am wondering

what
can I give him to "grease him up" for easier digestion of the gauze pad..
there was no plastic on the pad

Thanks, Michelle

Our old Airedale once ate a fuzzy pink terry cloth bathrobe tie..... whole
and it came out almost the same way with no troubles. No greasing needed.
:-)

Old February 4th 05, 07:10 PM
Michelle

"Ryan" wrote in message

"Michelle" wrote in message
ink.net...

Our old Airedale once ate a fuzzy pink terry cloth bathrobe tie..... whole
and it came out almost the same way with no troubles. No greasing needed.
:-)

He is still having movements yet I have seen no gauze in there (I did not
dissect) so I am not to worried that it's causing blockage...

A pink tie that must have been a sight.

Michelle