This maybe wrong but it works for me

Old February 4th 05, 10:13 PM
Trog

Default This maybe wrong but it works for me

I have three dogs. Just got the new pup as some of you know. But,
having had older dogs and the occasional accident even with the old
guys, which to be frank would be my fault, I let it go. I should have
let the animal out sooner or been around to let him out. But, as I say,
I will let it pass. I kknow whos crapped since the dogs are a different
size.

If it happens a second time, and there is no excuse, or I think the dog
has just gotten lazy, then I pick the poop up in a plasitc bag and show
it to the dog. I dont shout and scream or lose my temper, or rub its
nose in it. (just incase anyone thinks I would) but just calmly show the
dog. (a dog knows its own crap) and say NO. THen walk away and dump
it. Dog doesnt crap again. Sometimes I think an older just needs a
reminder. Unless of course there is a problem. medical or other wise
Old February 7th 05, 02:21 AM
quietguy

Nice one Trog - me too (except I say 'look at that' with a sort of sad and
disapointed tone in my voice)

David