Puppy bowl!

Old February 7th 05, 06:30 PM
ceb

Default Puppy bowl!

Hey, did anyone see the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet yesterday? Cute puppies
on a small football field. It was almost too adorable. I would have stayed
glued to it except the background music was driving me batty -- muting was
also unpleasant, because then I couldn't hear the squealing and cute puppy
barks.

Queenie kept going nuts, it took me a long time to convince her that the
puppy sounds were coming from the tv, she kept running around the house and
barking. Finally she started watching the tv, which was hilarious. She
cocks her head in that doggie way -- Zoe has only done this maybe once in
her life, but Queenie does it frequently, and since she has crazy ears,
it's doubly amusing.

--Catherine
& Zoe & Queenie
Old February 7th 05, 06:49 PM

ceb wrote:
Hey, did anyone see the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet yesterday?

I kept it on for a bit just to keep the dogs entertained.
It was definitely puppy porn. Even blind Saber was glued to
the set, and Cinder kept running out to the dining room to
see if that's where the puppies were.

All you need to know about Social Security "reform": Your
in-laws are going to have to live with you
Old February 7th 05, 08:29 PM
Leah Roberts

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 17:30:33 +0000 (UTC), ceb
wrote:

Queenie kept going nuts, it took me a long time to convince her that the
puppy sounds were coming from the tv, she kept running around the house and
barking. Finally she started watching the tv, which was hilarious. She
cocks her head in that doggie way -- Zoe has only done this maybe once in
her life, but Queenie does it frequently, and since she has crazy ears,
it's doubly amusing.

MacKenzie knows that animal sounds come from the TV. She has a
hierarchy of reactions. Dogs on TV get a woof or a grumble from
wherever she is in the room. Cats produce some barking, but not
necessarily an interruption in whatever she's doing at the time.
Horses, however, must be addressed face-to-face. :}

--
Leah Roberts, Family Dog Trainer
It's A Dog's World
Old February 7th 05, 10:36 PM
R. Zimmerman

I thought the Puppy Bowl was great!
I really liked "Bowl Cam" and the slo-mo replays.
I would watch for a bit, watch something else and then

That's the kind of super bowl I like.

Renee (Nixa's mom)

Old February 8th 05, 12:40 PM
HouseODogs

The big black mixed shepherd/husky pup was our own Hooter! He has been
adopted since the show was filmed. We are so proud of him - even though he
was much larger than most of the other pups, he played nicely with them.

They have a site where you can vote for Most Valuable Puppy on the
Discovery/Animal Planet web site. Last time I checked, Hooter was in second
place.

Go Hooter!

Lea
www.shepherdrescue.org

Old February 8th 05, 03:17 PM
ceb

"HouseODogs" wrote in
:

The big black mixed shepherd/husky pup was our own Hooter! He has
been adopted since the show was filmed. We are so proud of him - even
though he was much larger than most of the other pups, he played
nicely with them.

Awwww, he sure is cute! And he was really nice, laying down and letting the
smaller pups jump on him. And wasn't there another black lab type that he
was getting along great with?

What a fun show! I can imagine you must feel really proud!

--Catherine
& Zoe & Queenie