Hoax making the rounds

Old February 7th 05, 09:26 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

Default Hoax making the rounds

x-posted to rec.pets.dogs.health and .behavior.
Follow-ups to rpd.health

Gen got an email about this today and panicked. After calming her down, and
saying that she could let Moogli and Cocotte (we are boarding her again
while the in-laws are in Paris) in from the backyard, I figured it would be
a good idea to pass it on here.

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/swiffer.asp

Work safe site, no registration required.

--
Marcel and Moogli
Old February 7th 05, 09:38 PM
Mali More

"Marcel Beaudoin" wrote in message
.. .
x-posted to rec.pets.dogs.health and .behavior.
Follow-ups to rpd.health

Gen got an email about this today and panicked. After calming her down,

and
saying that she could let Moogli and Cocotte (we are boarding her again
while the in-laws are in Paris) in from the backyard, I figured it would

be
a good idea to pass it on here.

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/swiffer.asp

Gee, one molecule away. LOL A molecule can be a pretty large thing....

They want to panic over something? How about panicing when their liver
turns that alcohol they drink into fermaldahyde (spelling)? There's one
that will stop a college student in chem class, make them swear they will
never drink....until that next weekend.

Mali

Old February 7th 05, 09:43 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

"Mali More" wrote in newslQNd.26839$wi2.22917
@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com:

Gee, one molecule away. LOL A molecule can be a pretty large thing....

Phe, whenever I read something like this in a hoax (one molecule away), I
have to remind myself that not everyone is a PhD chemist like me. For non-
chemists/scientists, the words "one molecule away" represent a very
confusing thing.

--
Marcel and Moogli
Old February 8th 05, 12:47 AM
Rocky

Marcel Beaudoin said in rec.pets.dogs.health:

For non-
chemists/scientists, the words "one molecule away"
represent a very confusing thing.

Should I give up trying to remove those extra protons from my
block of lead?

Old February 8th 05, 02:57 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

Rocky wrote in
:

Marcel Beaudoin said in rec.pets.dogs.health:

For non-
chemists/scientists, the words "one molecule away"
represent a very confusing thing.

Should I give up trying to remove those extra protons from my
block of lead?

Nahhh, you should market it to one of the energy companies. Breaking up a
molecule of hydrogen and storing the protons on metals is a good way to use
hydrogen as a fuel source.

--
Marcel and Moogli