AMERICAN BULLDOG VOMITTING

Old February 9th 05, 05:11 PM
Buck

Default AMERICAN BULLDOG VOMITTING

I have a five-month old female American Builldog. So far, the things have
gone on rather smoothly except for the dog's inborn shyness, which is, of
course, cosidered to be a drawback for the breed. However, that is not what
bothers me. I am quite satisfied with a good house dog, who would not bark
at all strangers and try to get hold of them.
What bothers and worries me to a great extent is the dog's frequent
vomiting. When it first appeared, 10 days ago, she refused food for almost a
week. I got her X-rayed., but the shots showed nothing significant except
gases in the bowels. There were no hints of foreign objects in the
intestines. She was also given an infusion. Though she had not been eating
for almost a week, she was rather "good looking" except for the obvious
loss in her weight. At times, she was very lively and playful, too.
At the time, the vet suggested that if she did not go on eating, she should
be opened in order to see whether there was something that could not have
been seen when X-rayed.
Luckily, the dog starting eating on Friday afternoon, and had been in her
old eating practice until yesterday (Tuesday) evening when vomitting
re-appeared. She did not sleep, was very nervous and agitated and refused
food again! The food she was given was Friskies + boiled rice, carrots and
maccaroni. Meanwhile, she was eating mainly chicken meat and boiled rice
and nothing went wrong.
Now, I've just given her a bit of chicken meat again and will give her a
portion of rice later on.
I live in Belgrade (Serbia&Montenegro) and do not believe in vets too much.
Each and every one of them has his/her theory and, of course, they charge
large sums of money for their services!
To cut this long story short, could anyone give me some useful suggestions?
Any of them would be appreciated!