Please tell everyone you know..

Old February 12th 05, 11:00 PM
TrueBlue

Default Please tell everyone you know..

I stumbled across the below website this morning when trying to help my
daughter find a topic for her social studies project. I am curious,
why have I not seen any investigative journalism on this or ever even
heard of this before? I buy their food, (until now) did yesterday as a
matter of fact, and am in total shock that this exists and is legal.
http://www.iamscruelty.com/iams-video.asp

Old February 13th 05, 12:17 AM
culprit

"TrueBlue" wrote in message
oups.com...
I stumbled across the below website this morning when trying to help my
daughter find a topic for her social studies project. I am curious,
why have I not seen any investigative journalism on this or ever even
heard of this before? I buy their food, (until now) did yesterday as a
matter of fact, and am in total shock that this exists and is legal.
http://www.iamscruelty.com/iams-video.asp

first, consider the source. PETA is not exactly known for unbiased
reporting. second, there are a hell of a lot better reasons not to feed
your dog IAMS than this video.

-kelly

Old February 13th 05, 01:50 AM
Leah Roberts

On 12 Feb 2005 14:00:19 -0800, "TrueBlue" wrote:

I stumbled across the below website this morning when trying to help my
daughter find a topic for her social studies project. I am curious,
why have I not seen any investigative journalism on this or ever even
heard of this before? I buy their food, (until now) did yesterday as a
matter of fact, and am in total shock that this exists and is legal.
http://www.iamscruelty.com/iams-video.asp

It's mentioned in "Foods Pets Die For" by Ann Miller.

--
Leah Roberts, Family Dog Trainer
It's A Dog's World
Old February 13th 05, 06:11 AM
TrueBlue

So.... you're saying you believe the video is fabricated???

Old February 13th 05, 06:19 AM
culprit

"TrueBlue" wrote in message
oups.com...
So.... you're saying you believe the video is fabricated???

no. i'm saying that PETA is not a great source for "investigative
journalism", and that there are better foods to buy anyway.

yeah, it sucks that dogs are treated that way. but PETA is just going for
shock value with that site. heck, puppymill photos look much worse to me.

-kelly

Old February 13th 05, 02:41 PM
Hi Im WEEniE with MyFav4ite Midi

Please tell everyone you know..

Group: rec.pets.dogs.behavior Date: Sat, Feb 12, 2005, 2:00pm (EST-3)
From: (TrueBlue)
I stumbled across the below website this morning when trying to help my
daughter find a topic for her social studies project. I am curious, why
have I not seen any investigative journalism on this or ever even heard
of this before? I buy their food, (until now) did yesterday as a matter
of fact, and am in total shock that this exists and is legal.
http://www.iamscruelty.com/iams-video.asp

That new tv show on Animal Planet. Who gets the dog? If I'm not mistaken
just before or after a couple is picked as the owners of one of the
dogs. Doesn't she mention IAMS dog food? I heard about those
accusations. Never bought that brand even before I heard it because I
can't afford it but if I did & I seen that stuff? I would never buy it
again. Wonder how they can still be in business.