breed/mix id?

Old February 13th 05, 07:31 AM
Natalie Rigertas

elegy wrote:
anybody got an idea on this guy?
http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=4003463&adTarget=468doggenera l&SessionID=420ef0a62cab6c74-app4&display=&preview=1&row=25&tmpl=&stat=

Looks like a husky mix to me. Piebald is a husky coloration that isn't as
common as the ones that have the blanket of color on their backs, but it
does occur.

http://www.huskycolors.com/tosch.html

natalie

--

What fresh hell is this?
--- Dorothy Parker
Old February 13th 05, 08:01 AM
Liisa Sarakontu

Default breed/mix id?

elegy wrote in
:

anybody got an idea on this guy?
http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=4003463

Most probably it has a high percetage (up to 100 %) of Siberian Husky or
Alaskan Husky.

(I trimmed the url as it works better like this.)

Liisa
Old February 13th 05, 08:36 AM

elegy wrote:
anybody got an idea on this guy?

That's a Siberian Husky, likely with some Seppala lineage
(almost certainly not completely Seppala - the head is
different).

All you need to know about Social Security "reform": Your
in-laws are going to have to live with you
Old February 13th 05, 08:37 AM

elegy wrote:
they're spotty like that?

http://www.melindashore.com/emmett_image.jpg

Old February 13th 05, 01:30 PM

elegy wrote:
interesting. i thought it was interesting they didn't even have a
breed guess on petfinder. he's only listed as "dog". i've only ever
seen a handful of sibes irl.

A lot of people don't realize that any coat marking is okay
and that, in fact, a lot of them are piebald or have other
non-Irish markings. I've been informed on several occasions
that a couple of my dogs aren't really Siberian Huskies.
One is piebald (Image) and one is sort of solid-colored with
a white patch across her neck (Cinder). Both have
(relatively) thin coats, are rangy, and have towering ears.

Old February 13th 05, 05:50 PM
Rocky

elegy said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

anybody got an idea on this guy?

He looks a lot like some of the Sibe pictures that Melinda has
posted.

Old February 13th 05, 09:09 PM
KWBrown

Liisa Sarakontu wrote in
:

elegy wrote in
:

anybody got an idea on this guy?
http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=4003463

Most probably it has a high percetage (up to 100 %) of Siberian Husky or
Alaskan Husky.

Has he been clippered, though? He looks nekkid.

--
Kate
and Storm the FCR
Old February 13th 05, 09:16 PM

KWBrown wrote:
Has he been clippered, though? He looks nekkid.

That's normal for a working-type Siberian. Check these out:
http://www.geocities.com/hsrsh/PhotoGallery.html
They're all purebred Siberian Huskies.

Old February 14th 05, 04:01 PM
KWBrown

(Melinda Shore) wrote in news:cuocib$cgd$1
@panix2.panix.com:

In article ,
KWBrown wrote:
Has he been clippered, though? He looks nekkid.

That's normal for a working-type Siberian. Check these out:
http://www.geocities.com/hsrsh/PhotoGallery.html
They're all purebred Siberian Huskies.

Cool!

Thanks for one for the "you learn something new every day" file!

--
Kate
and Storm the FCR
Old February 15th 05, 02:45 AM