dogs urinates on everything

Old February 15th 05, 03:19 AM
pooteo

Default dogs urinates on everything

hello group,
i am looking for answers. maybe you can help.
i have a new child a 16 month old.since the baby was brought into the
home my dog has become jealous.we have tried to play with him more.
give him more treats. take him out more. but now he has resorted to
urinating on all her toys, it is when no one is around, usually at
night.he is a rottweiler, about 2 1/2 yrs old and not fixed.
i would also like to mention that everytime she goes near my dog he
growls.and now he has started to growl at my wife.
anyone know what i can do??

Old February 15th 05, 04:18 AM
Leah Roberts

On 14 Feb 2005 18:19:34 -0800, "pooteo" wrote:

i am looking for answers. maybe you can help.
i have a new child a 16 month old.since the baby was brought into the
home my dog has become jealous.we have tried to play with him more.
give him more treats. take him out more. but now he has resorted to
urinating on all her toys, it is when no one is around, usually at
night.he is a rottweiler, about 2 1/2 yrs old and not fixed.
i would also like to mention that everytime she goes near my dog he
growls.and now he has started to growl at my wife.
anyone know what i can do??

Yes - get a behaviorist to come into your home and work with you.
This is far too serious a problem to deal with over the internet.

The growl is a warning. If warnings aren't heeded, the behavior
escalates.

--
Leah Roberts, Family Dog Trainer
It's A Dog's World
Old February 15th 05, 05:30 AM
Ludwig Smith

On 14 Feb 2005 18:19:34 -0800, "pooteo" wrote:

hello group,
i am looking for answers. maybe you can help.
i have a new child a 16 month old.since the baby was brought into the
home my dog has become jealous.we have tried to play with him more.
give him more treats. take him out more. but now he has resorted to
urinating on all her toys, it is when no one is around, usually at
night.he is a rottweiler, about 2 1/2 yrs old and not fixed.
i would also like to mention that everytime she goes near my dog he
growls.and now he has started to growl at my wife.
anyone know what i can do??

I would second Leah on finding some professional help. Definitely be
on the phone tomorrow.

In the meantime, you might want to try to reduce situations which
might cause a problem. It's not a solution, but it can help by
helping to prevent situations fromescalating too far.

If the dog has any toys, bones, treats and such laying around, pick
them up. Pick up the child's toys out of reach of the dog. Pick up
the food bowl after the dog finishes eating. Be aware of letting the
child near area the dog considers 'his' - like an eating area or a
sleeping area. Use baby gates to keep the dog and the child
separated.

And yes, it's advisable to get the dog neutered.

Ludwig Smith

Dog FAQS
http://www.k9web.com/dog-faqs/

rec.pets.dogs.info
Old February 15th 05, 01:39 PM
Janet B

On 14 Feb 2005 18:19:34 -0800, "pooteo" wrote:

but now he has resorted to
urinating on all her toys, it is when no one is around, usually at
night.he is a rottweiler, about 2 1/2 yrs old and not fixed.
i would also like to mention that everytime she goes near my dog he
growls.and now he has started to growl at my wife.
anyone know what i can do??

See a psychiatrist to ask why you are allowing this situation to
continue?

Neutering - because you sure don't need to be breeding that
temperament.

Placement with Rotti rescue, wh may or may not be able to place him.

TRAINING - have you ever done any?

Right now, your first job is to keep that baby safe. Do whatever is
necessary to do so.

--
Janet B
Old February 15th 05, 03:36 PM
Bettina Jordan

Please place the dog with a rescue group. Your baby is in danger. It
sounds like a very scary situation. I wouldn't care how much training the
dog gets, I would still be afraid to have him share the same space as my
baby.

My ex had a Doberman who almost took my sons face off when he was a child.
I have a Labrador who is wonderful with my grandson. He uses her as a
pillow and rubs his little face in her fur.

Bettina

oups.com...

Old February 15th 05, 07:15 PM
Rocky

Bettina Jordan said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

My ex had a Doberman who almost took my sons face off when
he was a child. I have a Labrador who is wonderful with my
grandson. He uses her as a pillow and rubs his little face
in her fur.

What's your conclusion from this? Is it bad vs. good training
or bad vs. good breed/dog?

Old February 15th 05, 09:13 PM
Rocky

Bettina Jordan said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I think with this particular dog it was bad vs. good training.

Thanks for clarifying.

Old February 21st 05, 07:36 AM
Unsurreality

It's Only Alimentary, Dear Watson wrote:
Praising BAD Behaviors Is GOOD -
The Fastest Gentlest Most Effective
Method In The Whole Wild World,
Bar NONE. {}; ~ )

According to Howe, A dog is a dog. A child is a child. A spouse is a
spouse.

All the same.

So, let's go ahead and PRAISE bad behavior.

"GOOD JOB, TIMMY! Smoking crack with friends is a good thing! Good
for you! I'm proud of you, son!"

"I'm so glad you cheated on me, Alice! GOOD JOB! Please continue to
do so! Because it's a good thing according to Jerry Howe! Oh - sure -
he's in a nursing home and is absolutely crazy, but he is SO smart!"

Does this AssHowe have any brains left at ALL?

No. He is truly crazy. He doesn't have a CLUE what behaviorism is.
He simply makes **** up and tries to pass it off as something
"scientific" when it's complete garbage. He has NO idea what logic is,
and it's SO obvious, I really don't need to say that.

He's insane. He has NO idea how to think straight. He can't even take
care of himself. He can't even feed himself. He has no dogs. He
can't take care of his wife. He won't meet people in person because he
is a TRUE coward. He's a pedophile and pervert. He gives away the
most ridiculous "manual" ever - a terrible, terrible "manual." He lies
not once, not twice, but EVERY day. Ask him why.

I'll tell you why. He doesn't care.

He's not someone you EVER want to trust.