Canidae and Wellness

Old February 27th 05, 06:20 AM
Rob

Default Canidae and Wellness

I feed my two shelties Wellness, but I see that the plants that produce
OMH products (Wellness) have shut down and they might be outsourcing
their food products. Knowing this and how hard it was to find a food
that my dogs like I want to have a backup if the Wellness Lamb and Rice
product starts to slip. Whatever is in Wellness has been very helpful
to my dogs, they no longer puke often I see Canidae is very similar,
what are people's opinions of Canidae compared to Wellness and is there
something else I should be looking at?

Old February 27th 05, 07:43 AM
Hillary 2008

We prefer Nutro Natural Choice. But those are all good. Just beware of the
food nazis on here. Most do not know what they are talking about, and you
might get some bad info, so double check.

oups.com...

Old February 27th 05, 02:33 PM

I'm not having any issue finding Wellness at my local pet food store?
Why don't you contact them with your concerns and let us know what they
say?

http://www.omhpet.com/talk/index.html

www.Canidae.com is a very good alternative as is www.innova.com,
www.solidgoldhealth.com and if you only like to shop at Petsmart or
Petco, Nutro just released a very good formula

http://www.nutroproducts.com/ncuad.asp

Old February 28th 05, 08:37 PM
Rob

Wellness is ok now, however with their plants being closed, to me they
are no different than any other chain store dog food company. The
quality control will slip, just watch.

elegy wrote:
On 26 Feb 2005 22:20:46 -0800, "Rob" wrote:

I feed my two shelties Wellness, but I see that the plants that

produce
OMH products (Wellness) have shut down and they might be outsourcing
their food products. Knowing this and how hard it was to find a

food
that my dogs like I want to have a backup if the Wellness Lamb and

Rice
product starts to slip. Whatever is in Wellness has been very

helpful
to my dogs, they no longer puke often I see Canidae is very

similar,
what are people's opinions of Canidae compared to Wellness and is

there
something else I should be looking at?

i've not used wellness, but i have been feeding canidae for a year or
so now and am very happy with it. other brands to check out: innova,
california natural, solid gold.

--
my best friend is a pit bull.
http://shattering.org

Old February 28th 05, 10:33 PM
gaubster2

Hillary 2008 wrote:
We prefer Nutro Natural Choice. But those are all good. Just beware

of the
food nazis on here. Most do not know what they are talking about, and

you
might get some bad info, so double check.

Interestingly enough, the left wing's choice of dog foods always seems
to be the most uninformed. For example, the brands mentioned in this
tread thus far, are the same brands that have done absoulutely NOTHING
to further nutritional research and instead, contain nutrient levels
that are far in excess of what an adult or senior dog needs. The
problem then becomes very common issues such as kidney disease, lower
urinary problems, etc. Trying to be too smart by half is usually a
fool's errand!

It's easy to call someone a "nazi", when one doesn't know what one is
talking about (especially when it comes to nutrition)!

Old February 28th 05, 10:50 PM
ZPL

I used to feed Nutro NS Lamb and Rice, until my only source in 100 miles
stopped carrying it. As UPS was going to be delivering dinner anyway, I
looked into some other brands.

Check out Blackwood, they really only sell online.
http://www.blackwoodpetfood.com/

My bullmastiff has done well on the 5000. Very easy transfer for us - we
were at 90% within a week. They also carry the 3000, which is fish/duck.
Both of these do not contain soy, wheat, or corn. I was unsure about the
beetpulp. But the sugar is removed, and it does produce a larger more solid
stool that has helped with anal gland self expression.

Also, for having a food shipped, it is very reasonable. The actual cost
depends on where you live, but a full 40# for under $50 delivered to the
door is a good deal.

oups.com...