New Dog Breed - Analab

Old July 27th 03, 11:32 PM
Bill

Default New Dog Breed - Analab

Have you seen the NEW breed? the Analab!
This exciting new breed is being developed exclusively in North Texas.

More information is available he http://www.hartzer.com/analabs.shtml
Old July 27th 03, 11:49 PM
C Newlin

How many nights did ya lie awake thinkin' up this one?
Mating 2 breeds together does *not* a breed make, and watchin' 2 dogs get
busy does not make you a breeder...

--
C Newlin, Mercer, Mo!
free Webspace and Email for rescues:

FAYEvision...live nude boxers
http://www.box49.com/fayevision

om...

Old July 29th 03, 01:14 AM

On 27 Jul 2003 15:32:14 -0700 Bill whittled these words:
Have you seen the NEW breed? the Analab!
This exciting new breed is being developed exclusively in North Texas.

More information is available he http://www.hartzer.com/analabs.shtml

The last time you were here you stated that you "don't have any
affiliation with the Analabs". This is a discussion group, not a pimp
the puppies group. You don't have anything useful to contribute so why
are you posting here?

Diane Blackman

Oh and puppies are NOT "ready to go" at six weeks.
http://www.google.com/groups?selm=17...g .google.com

Old July 29th 03, 01:45 AM
Bill

Right up there with Miki's ....

Hey, what's up with the Miki people these days? Did they finally
give up with the scam breed?

Who are the Miki people? Do you have any information about them?
Please enlighten me!
Old July 29th 03, 08:25 PM
Child

"John Jukes" wrote in
news:c3VwbGV4.3dcd5a99da512b13fcff75d7f85eefe0@105 9484450.cotse.net:

Bill wrote:

Right up there with Miki's ....

Hey, what's up with the Miki people these days? Did they finally
give up with the scam breed?

Who are the Miki people? Do you have any information about them?
Please enlighten me!

Mi-ki's are a spectacular breed of dog!
They have already won shows all over the world.

Mi-ki's have won "shows"?

Tell, me what sort of shows have they won?

--
BethF, Anchorage, AK
Old July 29th 03, 08:37 PM
Dimpled Chad

Marcel Beaudoin wrote:

You know what I find interesting John??

sarcasm
Now, why might that be interesting, Marcel?
/sarcasm

--
Looking for a pet? Adopt one! ** http://www.petfinder.com
Info for a healthy, happy dog? * http://www.dog-play.com

Mmmm mmm mm mm mmmmm. Toasty.
Old July 12th 05, 03:23 AM
Rileysheltie Rileysheltie is offline
Junior Member

Location: Texas
Send a message via AIM to Rileysheltie

I just saw an Analab today, aobut 4 months old. She was really friendly and sweet. The owner said she got her for free because the breeder had a heart attack and died, so they gave away her litter.

And if people want to call mixed breed a 'new breed' let them, after all, most of the breeds we know today are nothing more than a long strain of mixed breeds.
Old July 12th 05, 03:32 PM

on 2005-07-12 at 02:23 wrote:

I just saw an Analab today,

the message you responded to is two years old. most of the
participants in the original thread no longer post in
rpd.breeds.

And if people want to call mixed breed a 'new breed' let
them, after all,

so sayeth the Red Queen.

most of the breeds we know today are nothing more than a long
strain of mixed breeds.

untrue.

http://www.cat-sidh.net
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
http://letters-to-esther.blogspot.com/ (updated 7/10/05)
Old July 12th 05, 03:55 PM

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 02:23:17 +0000 Rileysheltie whittled these words:

I just saw an Analab today, aobut 4 months old. She was really friendly
and sweet. T

Many dogs, and most especially most pupies are friendly and sweet.

he owner said she got her for free because the breeder had
a heart attack and died, so they gave away her litter.

Too bad. For most dogs being obtained for free isn't necessarily a good
thing. I didn't pay for Freeway either, but I hardly think that is going
part ot the mention about why I chose this particular dog. In fact it has
been closing in on a year since I got him and I think this is literally
the first time I've mentioned it to anyone.

And if people want to call mixed breed a 'new breed' let them, after
all, most of the breeds we know today are nothing more than a long
strain of mixed breeds.

Well you can describe an orange as being triangular, doesn't make it true.
A person who calls a mixed breed a new breed is certainly free to do so.
No skin off my nose if they look uneducated about what a breed is or is
not. Now when they push their uneducated blather on to someone else I'm
of two minds. On the one hand I just can't work up much sympathy for the
person who choses a dog purely based on whether there is a breed name
attached to it. Pretty silly thinking that merely attaching a lable makes
the dog in some way more desireable. There ARE benefits to "breeds" in
predictablity of characteristics. And predictability of characteristics
IS a benefit to the dog if it results in a better match. But merely
looing at the breed (lable) without looking at the breeding is useless,
and misleading. A person who claims an individual dogs is a "breed"
should be able to describe the characteristics that support that
statement. Most mixed breed dog breeders haven't a clue how one goes
about creating a breed. Most have no plan, no knoweldge or skill in
evaluating their progress, and no concern about the welfare of the dogs.

For example, this very situation you brought up. In the typical purebred
dog community there are sufficient connections and support that if the
human drops dead proper placement proceeds based on the qualities of the
homes, not on who wants a free pup.

If I drop dead my two dogs will be protected and placed. They might get
placed for free. But the quality of having been free won't be one of the
things mentioned as a quality of the dog. That factor is just irrelevant
in describing why one would choose that dog.

--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/
Old July 15th 05, 10:26 PM
Rileysheltie Rileysheltie is offline
Junior Member

Location: Texas
Send a message via AIM to Rileysheltie

I wasn't agreeing that it was a 'new breed.' I was just saying in my business it's useless to argue with uneducated people about what a breed is and isnt. Like owners of these mutts who are getting ripped off because it's a 'new breed.' But don't try and tell them that - the owner of the dog would bite your face off before admitting to paying high dollar for a mixed dog. So just let them call it a new breed. It's not like it's going to make it one until there are standards and acceptance to the AKC or other Kennel Club.