Help needed placing children

Old February 28th 05, 04:44 PM
Judy

Default Help needed placing children

I received this plea (along with a request to cross-post it) - and it really
made my morning!
--
Judy Russell
Spenser - Carbor Talk of the Town NA

HELP NEEDED ASAP

Please help!!! After two long years of being on a waiting list for an
agility dog, we have been notified by the breeder that, at long last, our
number has come up and... WE'RE HAVING A PUPPY!!!!

We must get rid of our children IMMEDIATELY because we just know how time
consuming our new little puppy is going to be and it just wouldn't be fair
to the children. Since our little puppy will be arriving on Tuesday, we
MUST place the children into rescue this weekend!

They are described as : One male - his name is Tommy, Caucasian
(English/Irish mix), light blonde hair, blue eyes. Four years old.
Excellent disposition. He doesn't bite. Temperament tested. Does have
problems with peeing directly in the toilet. Has had chickenpox and is
current on all shots. Tonsils have already been removed. Tommy eats
everything, is very clean, house trained and gets along well with others.
Does not run with scissors and with a little training he should be able to
read soon.

One female - her name is Lexie, Caucasian (English/Irish mix), strawberry
blonde hair, green eyes, quite freckled. Two years old. Can be surly at
times. Non-biter, thumb-sucker. Has been temperament tested but needs a
little attitude adjusting occasionally. She is current on all shots,
tonsils out, and is very healthy and can be affectionate. Gets along well
with other little girls and boys but does not like to share her toys and
therefore would do best in a one child household. She is a very quick
learner and is currently working on her house training - shouldn't take long
at all.

We really do LOVE our children so much and want to do what's right for them;
that is why we contacted a rescue group. But we simply can no longer keep
them. Also, we are afraid that they may hurt our new puppy. I hope you
understand that ours is a UNIQUE situation and we have a real emergency
here!!! They MUST be placed into your rescue by Monday night at the latest
or we will be forced to drop them off at the orphanage or along some dark,
country road. Our priority now has to be our new puppy.

Old February 28th 05, 05:13 PM
Pace Setter Delivery

"Judy" wrote in message
[...]

This was just too cute!
Fran
(whose daughter swears I pay more attention to the dog than to her!)

Old February 28th 05, 05:50 PM
Rocky

Handsome Jack Morrison said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

A couple more kids will
hardly be noticed around here (or so she claims),
especially when all the grand kids are visiting, which
lately seems to be ALL THE TIME.

On the news, I saw a Grandma in rural Alberta who has 101
grandkids with about 10 more on the way. She had 15 kids, and
those kids had 7 to 8 each, and those kids ....

Old February 28th 05, 07:37 PM
Judy

"Handsome Jack Morrison" wrote in message
Judy, my wife offers to take both of them in. A couple more kids will
hardly be noticed around here (or so she claims), especially when all
the grand kids are visiting, which lately seems to be ALL THE TIME.

I remember a quote from a mother of twelve. Someone asked her how she found
the time and energy. She said that one child takes twenty four hours a day
and twelve children take twenty four hours a day.

I dunno. One was all I ever thought I had the patience for. And I remember
that there were many times that twenty four hours a day wasn't enough.

But then we always had dogs too. So perhaps it was the dogs' fault that I
could only handle one kid.

--
Judy
Spenser - Carbor Talk of the Town NA, NGC

Old March 1st 05, 12:56 AM
Judy

"Handsome Jack Morrison" wrote in message
news
In return for 21-22 or so years of food, board, education, etc., they
have to WORK.

I was rather incredulous at seeing a neighbor out in his driveway with a big
snowblower. I could not imagine why he would need such a thing - he has two
teenagers in the house. And "in the house" is probably exactly where they
were while their father was outside running the snowblower.

At our house, they would have been provided with shovels. I would have
thought a big snowblower would have brought out *volunteers* to run it. But
I guess not at his house.

Old March 1st 05, 01:59 AM
Tee

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 00:56:16 GMT, "Judy" wrote:

"Handsome Jack Morrison" wrote in message
news
In return for 21-22 or so years of food, board, education, etc., they
have to WORK.

I was rather incredulous at seeing a neighbor out in his driveway with a
big
snowblower. I could not imagine why he would need such a thing - he has
two
teenagers in the house. And "in the house" is probably exactly where they
were while their father was outside running the snowblower.

That would NOT have happened at the Morrison place.

For all your talk I somehow suspect its Mrs. Morrison who puts the fear of
god into the grandkids and Mr. Morrison who alternately covers for and/or
spoils them then points his finger at them when Mrs. Morrison demands to
know how/who/why did it.

--
Tara