Mange

Old March 11th 05, 07:07 PM

Default Mange

I had a shar pei shipped from Memphis TN to Canada Ontario not knowing
his condition. That was in August it is now March and it has not gone
away. We have treated him with oral ivermech and injection ivermech
which works...as long as he keeps getting the needle weekly. I hate
having to give him a weekly needle but the second he's off the needle
like 9-10 days he'll start to break out again. We have tried revolution
and that did not work at all. Does anyone have any ideas to things I
could try as I hate having to give him a weekly needle and am not
giving up my boy? Please e-mail me at . Any
replies will be appreciated.

Old March 12th 05, 08:42 AM
babyangel

My vet told me but that was back in August and I have forgotten, he has
no weight loss though and also NO lack of hunger. My shar pei is small
as he was treated poorly before we got him and unable to grow properly
and weighs about 40 lbs (compared to the 20 we got him at) and he out
eats my black lab who is 80 lbs, so I doubt thyroid. I've asked my vet
and they're out of ideas, they've done scrappings and found nothing,
but his blisters won't go away. They were puss blisters but lately they
have just been blood blisters and heal up within a couple days, but I
don't think their normal, and the vet can't tell me anything. He's been
tested up the wazoo. Please help. Open to any ideas at all. Even
herbal/natural if any known.

Old March 12th 05, 02:05 PM
Tee

"babyangel" wrote in message
oups.com...
My vet told me but that was back in August and I have forgotten, he has
no weight loss though and also NO lack of hunger. My shar pei is small
as he was treated poorly before we got him and unable to grow properly
and weighs about 40 lbs (compared to the 20 we got him at) and he out
eats my black lab who is 80 lbs, so I doubt thyroid. I've asked my vet
and they're out of ideas, they've done scrappings and found nothing,
but his blisters won't go away. They were puss blisters but lately they
have just been blood blisters and heal up within a couple days, but I
don't think their normal, and the vet can't tell me anything. He's been
tested up the wazoo. Please help. Open to any ideas at all. Even
herbal/natural if any known.

Try another vet. If your vet has tried "everything" yet your dog is showing
constant blisters and incurable demodex then there most certainly is a
problem and it needs to be discovered.

Hypothyroidism doesn't automatically mean no appetite or must lay around and
sleep all day. Its worth checking out when a full blood panel is done.

--
Tara

Old March 25th 05, 08:40 PM
babyangel

I had him checked for thyroid this past week, negative, heartworm
negative, there is a couple more blood tests we're waiting for to come
back and we are trying some natural drugs along with the vet drugs.
Brewer's Yeast to trick the body into thinking it has that bacteria and
making it harder for the mange to come back and also Garlic pills which
will help his heart, help his immune system and give him less odor. I
asked about Mitaband and they said they had no luck with it, we had
tried Revolution with no results, oral Ivermectin worked and injection
Ivermectin worked even better. We're now trying something like
Revolution but it's new out. So hopefully this combination and the
pills work. If anyone else can think of any other pills that are
natural and might help I'd love to hear. Or any advice is appreciated.
At this point I'm willing to consider everything and anything that
might help.

mange melinda Dog health 10 December 31st 04 08:15 AM
Mange Update C.L. Dog health 5 March 9th 04 05:46 PM
mange melinda Dog health 0 November 18th 03 11:57 PM
several questions about mange Ted Shoemaker Dog health 2 September 18th 03 09:51 PM
several questions about mange Ted Shoemaker Dog health 0 September 18th 03 09:23 PM