The gang mentality of pit bull owners

Old March 12th 05, 04:46 AM
Enough Already

Default The gang mentality of pit bull owners

Observations and news stories have led me to conclude that most pit
bulls are bought for sinister reasons, with cover story excuses. This
is true even if the owners appear to be mild, middle class people. They
buy pit bulls as weapons because they like the idea of being "forced"
to use their weapons to act out a power trip.

I've seen firsthand several over-reactions to mild comments about
someone's pit bulls. If you tell a pit bull owner (even jokingly) that
their dogs are risky or dangerous, you're likely to see their eyes
glaze over immediately. It may look like anger but it's actually
contrived satisfaction on their part. They have a need to inspire
persecution so they can seek revenge without being labeled as
instigators, using a mean-looking dog as the catalyst. Of course, many
are outwardly obnoxious and the persecution tactic is hollow from the
start, but others are more subtle.

Many pit bull owners have the same psychology of gang members who dare
people to confront them and invent phony causes to initiate trouble.
They know their dogs will spook many people, who'll tell them to back
off, thus creating a revenge cycle where the owner's attitude problem
gets forgotten (in the owner's mind) as the root cause of the conflict.

Many bikers act the same way, riding around making noise and behaving
badly so they can **** people off and blame those _reacting_ to them
instead of their own crass instigation. This, to me, is the very
definition of a punk.

Pit bull owners are a lot like gun freaks who harbor fantasies of using
their weapons in a crisis. Pit bulls are often purchased as "weapon
dogs," always armed with jaws ready to be "fired" at someone. There is
no logical reason to buy a relatively ugly dog that's known to turn
without warning. I don't believe people who claim they like pit bulls
for reasons that apply far better to gentler breeds. Pit bulls look
menacing and are built for killing and locking their jaws, not cozying
up to kids. Get a golden retriever if you really want friendliness in a
dog. Stop pretending that pit bulls are "more loyal" etc..

I'm convinced that many pit bull owners _want_ to be threatened so they
have a (perceived) valid excuse to use their brutal looking weapon
dogs. They also like to be in a fraternity of "bad asses" so they can
share a larger persecution complex to further justify their sick,
dog-sicking motives.

E.A.

Old March 12th 05, 05:01 AM
Cin

I'm convinced that many pit bull owners _want_ to be threatened so they
have a (perceived) valid excuse to use their brutal looking weapon
dogs. They also like to be in a fraternity of "bad asses" so they can
share a larger persecution complex to further justify their sick,
dog-sicking motives.

Damn... knew it was only time until someone worked it out. Guess i better go
get a poodle so people think i am nice and sweet.

Bad Ass Cin

E.A.

Old March 12th 05, 06:22 AM

Enough Already wrote:

There is
no logical reason to buy a relatively ugly dog that's known to turn
without warning.

You are right, there IS no reason for that at all! That's why I bought
beautiful dogs bred for stability

Aimee
2 pit bulls and a malinois
http://www.odnarb.com

Old March 12th 05, 06:24 AM
Rocky

elegy said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

http://escape.nightsfall.net/shudder...usisdragon.jpg

Hah! That's just plain *wrong*.

Old March 12th 05, 06:37 AM

elegy wrote:
On 11 Mar 2005 20:46:47 -0800, "Enough Already"
wrote:

I'm convinced that many pit bull owners _want_ to be threatened so

they
have a (perceived) valid excuse to use their brutal looking weapon
dogs.

woohoo for brutal looking weapon dogs!
http://escape.nightsfall.net/shudder/images/eleusisdragon.jpg

Nothing says "cool" like brutal looking weapon dogs...

http://odnarb.com/blingbling1.jpg

http://odnarb.com/weightbench3.jpg

http://odnarb.com/baddog.jpg

http://odnarb.com/wussinboots1.jpg

http://odnarb.com/grantsillysmile.jpg

http://odnarb.com/sleepyread.jpg

Aimee
http://www.odnarb.com

Old March 12th 05, 09:54 AM
White Monkey

I really like pit bulls. I don't want one--too small (before anyone says
anything, here's my dog at 1 year old:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~cooper17/katri...Walter5mos.jpg ). There
was an absolutely adorable, quite large pit bull across the street last
night, trotting along, continually dropping his tennis ball, which his owner
would retrieve from under cars with a big sigh, while the dog stood gently
wagging, a big grin on his face. Cute, goofy, decidedly non-menacing doggy.
This went on until the ball rolled into the canal. It was bound to happen
eventually. Pit bulls are against the law here, but nobody does anything
unless there's a complaint, which means they're all well trained and
well-behaved to prevent complaints. There seem to be quite a lot of pits
here. The dogs people seem to be getting for the tough image are American
Bulldogs--for the most part the ones I see here are undisciplined, wearing
prong collars (which people have to order from outside the country), and
owned by teens with bad attitudes. A real shame.
--Katrina

Old March 12th 05, 03:44 PM
Michael A. Ball

wrote:

...I'm convinced that many pit bull owners _want_ to be threatened so they
have a (perceived) valid excuse to use their brutal looking weapon
dogs...

Hell's bells, I can't even be annoyed with such a comical post! :-) Do
you have any references, any sort of documentation at all, to
substantiate you commentary?

In your research, just what percentage of pit bull owners were truly
able "to use" their dogs--for anything? Having any sort of dog certainly
doesn't magically enable one to use that dog. Or, are you saying that
all pit bull owners (and their pit bulls) do become trained...? We know
that's not true.

Pit bulls are not for just any guardian, and that is true of so many
breeds; but it is not because of what the dog is capable of, but because
of what their guardian is Not capable of.

When I die, I want to go where dogs go!
Old March 13th 05, 01:11 AM

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 02:38:32 -0500, elegy
wrote:

wrote:

I'm convinced that many pit bull owners _want_ to be threatened so

they
have a (perceived) valid excuse to use their brutal looking weapon
dogs.

woohoo for brutal looking weapon dogs!
http://escape.nightsfall.net/shudder/images/eleusisdragon.jpg

Nothing says "cool" like brutal looking weapon dogs...

http://odnarb.com/blingbling1.jpg

i definitely wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley.

A few days ago in Virginia, and old lady was walking her little dog on
her own property. Three loose pit bulls attacked and killed them both.
Neighbors said they knew something like this would happen.

A BIG HUNGRY DOG will eat corned beef !