Gaubster is Steve Crane's sock puppet -- it's now official!!!

Old March 12th 05, 02:56 AM

Default Gaubster is Steve Crane's sock puppet -- it's now official!!!

For the record, I'm no one's "sock puppet". I don't speak for Hill's
or Steve Crane or for anyone other than myself. I find it quite
telling that instead of debating points that I make here (or those
points made by people that are NOT Hill's Haters), the Hill's Haters,
instead, attempt to smear, impugn, call names, or otherwise try to
slime someone. Steve gets attacked for "working" for Hill's. I get
"attacked" for sticking up for Hill's. And it goes on and on.

Now, would anyone like to actually, try to...you know, intelligently
refute anything that I've said here?? Or you would you like to bash
and attack and sink to the lowest common denominator?

Old March 12th 05, 03:11 AM

Gaubster, the cat's out of the bag!
How did you manage to post as Gaubster from the Hill's corporation if
you don't work for them???? One Trick Pony Indeed! :-)

IP Posting address from the Gaubster! 198.179.238.3

Network Whois record
Queried whois.arin.net with "198.179.238.3"...

OrgName: Hill's Pet Nutrition
OrgID: HPN
Address: 400 S. W. Eighth
City: Topeka
StateProv: KS
PostalCode: 66603-3945
Country: US

NetRange: 198.179.238.0 - 198.179.238.255
CIDR: 198.179.238.0/24
NetName: HILLSPET
NetHandle: NET-198-179-238-0-1
Parent: NET-198-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Assignment
Comment:
RegDate: 1993-11-18
Updated: 1993-11-18

Old March 12th 05, 05:30 AM
Marshall Dermer

I checked about 100 posts and this is about all I could find:

For Steve Crane:

For Gaubuster:

I never found a post from Gaubuster from:

Here is what http://ws.arin.net/cgi-bin/whois.pl reports about
these IP addresses:

Gaubuster:

Comcast Cable Communications, IP Services EASTERNSHORE-1 (NET-24-16-0-0-1)
24.16.0.0 - 24.23.255.255
Comcast Cable Communications OREGON-9 (NET-24-22-0-0-1)
24.22.0.0 - 24.22.63.255

************************************************** ************

Steve Crane:

Search results for: 66.82.9.85

OrgName: Hughes Network Systems
OrgID: HNS
Address: 11717 Exploration Lane
Address: DirecWAY Network Management Center
Address: attn: Network Security Manager
City: Germantown
StateProv: MD
PostalCode: 20876
Country: US

NetRange: 66.82.0.0 - 66.82.255.255
CIDR: 66.82.0.0/16
NetName: DIRECPC-1BLK
NetHandle: NET-66-82-0-0-1
Parent: NET-66-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS1.DIRECPC.COM
NameServer: NS2.DIRECPC.COM
Comment: ADDRESSES WITHIN THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLE
RegDate: 2001-02-28
Updated: 2003-01-21

TechHandle: ZD63-ARIN
TechName: DirecPC
TechPhone: +1-301-601-7205
TechEmail:

OrgName: Hill's Pet Nutrition
OrgID: HPN
Address: 400 S. W. Eighth
City: Topeka
StateProv: KS
PostalCode: 66603-3945
Country: US

NetRange: 198.179.238.0 - 198.179.238.255
CIDR: 198.179.238.0/24
NetName: HILLSPET
NetHandle: NET-198-179-238-0-1
Parent: NET-198-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Assignment
Comment:
RegDate: 1993-11-18
Updated: 1993-11-18

TechHandle: RAE2-ARIN
TechName: Ewing, Roger A.
TechPhone: +1-913-231-5340
TechEmail:

So where is the alleged post from Gaubuster with the Hill's
IP address?

--Marshall
Old March 12th 05, 06:02 AM

Marshall,

Look at the post here dated Mar 11, 10:16 am

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...be250ca3a0ce98

And here dated Mar 11, 10:11 am

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...e03d99232b928c

Both posts from "Gaubster" resolve directly back to Hill's!

Someone in the Cat group found more since the 2 headed hydra has been
over there as well trying to push his overpriced bag of Corn n' Soy n'
Beaks to the masses...

Old March 12th 05, 06:47 PM
Marshall Dermer

In article .com " writes:
Marshall,

Look at the post here dated Mar 11, 10:16 am

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...be250ca3a0ce98

David,

I had considerable trouble manipulating that long URL address so that
I could paste it in my browser. In the future you might want to
use: http://tinyurl.com/create.php

But having noted this, you are RIGHT! Gaubusters' post lists:
for Steve's posts.

I am not a USENET technical expert, but I found this:

******************************
The NNTP-Posting-Host header, while originally containing the
hostname of the client that originated the post, often instead
contains an opaque token of some sort that is meaningful only to
the originating site. This may be preferred for privacy reasons.
The intent of the contents of the NNTP-Posting-Host header is to
fulfill two purposes:

- To aid the local site administrator in tracking down the origin
point of posts, for reasons such as handling abuse issues.

- For use with automatic volume-based spam filters that reject
excessive postings from a single source.

Due to the latter use, it's preferred if the value of this header
remains constant across a sufficiently long time frame to allow
detection and filtering of message floods by a single originating
source. A lifetime of a day or two is probably sufficient for most
purposes.

There are obvious tradeoffs here between privacy concerns (such as
allowing someone to build a profile of what newsgroups a user posts
to by looking for matching NNTP-Posting-Host values) and abuse
prevention concerns, and different sites will make different
tradeoffs.

All of this business about tokens and identities and the like can equally
well be applied to the NNTP-Posting-Host header, and in fact people are
already doing this and have been doing this for years.

--
Russ Allbery ) http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/

************************

So, from my standpoint, if Gaubuster and Steve post from the same server, a
Hills server, it would appear reasonable to infer that they work or have
worked for Hills. And if they work(ed) for Hills it would appear reasonable
to assume that they know each other. And if they know each other then they
could be the same person! :-)

--Marshall
Old March 12th 05, 10:21 PM

Here are a couple more!

Mar 10, 4:35 pm http://tinyurl.com/5wemz

and another

Mar 11, 10:51 am http://tinyurl.com/3ralu

Old March 12th 05, 11:23 PM
Mary

wrote in message
ups.com...
Here are a couple more!

Mar 10, 4:35 pm http://tinyurl.com/5wemz

and another

Mar 11, 10:51 am http://tinyurl.com/3ralu

Fun, innit?

Old March 13th 05, 12:11 AM

In article , equalizer wrote:
Bwaaaaa!Haaaaaaa!Haaaaaaaa!

Your point is made. Show that you're a better person than
they are (if, indeed, you are) and let it go. We get it,
okay?

George Bush's proposed budget will create $1.6 trillion in additional
federal debt, compared to just tracking inflation, according to the CBO.
Old March 13th 05, 12:29 AM

PawsForThought wrote:
You're not another Hill's employee, are you?

No - as I posted earlier, I think the most appropriate use
of the stuff is to toss it under my tires to get traction on
snow.

Old March 13th 05, 12:42 AM
PawsForThought

Melina Shore wrote:

In article ,
PawsForThought wrote:
You're not another Hill's employee, are you?

No - as I posted earlier, I think the most appropriate use
of the stuff is to toss it under my tires to get traction on
snow.

ROFL! I guess I missed that post. I hope you will please accept my
humble and sincere apology!

--
PawsForThought