At last, peectures of Queenie!

Old March 16th 05, 05:33 PM
ceb

Default At last, peectures of Queenie!

Greetings:

Here, at long last, is Queenie's Dogster page:

www.dogster.com/?128613

I'm interested in hearing breed guesses. Her former owner told me that her
mother was a Golden Retriever. Obviously, there's something else there too.

--Catherine
& Zoe & Queenie, all extra-gorgeous
Old March 16th 05, 05:48 PM
Tee

"ceb" wrote in message
Greetings:

Here, at long last, is Queenie's Dogster page:

www.dogster.com/?128613

I'm interested in hearing breed guesses. Her former owner told me that her
mother was a Golden Retriever. Obviously, there's something else there
too.

Could Queenie be a FCR mix?

--
Tara

Old March 16th 05, 06:07 PM
ceb

"Tee" wrote in
:

"ceb" wrote in message
Greetings:

Here, at long last, is Queenie's Dogster page:

www.dogster.com/?128613

I'm interested in hearing breed guesses. Her former owner told me
that her mother was a Golden Retriever. Obviously, there's something
else there too.

Could Queenie be a FCR mix?

Are you trolling Kate?

People do keep guessing FCR, so maybe there's something to it.

She's gorgeous, right?

--Catherine
& Zoe & Queenie, don't hate me because I'm beautiful
Old March 16th 05, 06:10 PM

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:33:56 +0000 (UTC), ceb
wrote:

www.dogster.com/?128613

she's gorgeous! she and Zoe are quite a pair--Dr. Evil and MiniMe
G. and, i *love* the biteyface picture.

http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette || http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com

I imagine that yes is the only living thing.
-- e.e. cummings

Old March 16th 05, 06:11 PM
KWBrown

"Tee" wrote in
:

"ceb" wrote in message
Greetings:

Here, at long last, is Queenie's Dogster page:

www.dogster.com/?128613

I'm interested in hearing breed guesses. Her former owner told me
that her mother was a Golden Retriever. Obviously, there's something
else there too.

Could Queenie be a FCR mix?

Statistically, probably not: but on pure looks alone, it's not a bad
guess. She has a nice FCR head, although the ears have much more
character than we allow. :-)

However, Queenie's former owner was probably right. Black, shaggy, and
retriever-ish is more likely to have GR behind it than FCR, simply
because there are so many GRs out there. She could easily be a GR mixed
with something black and not-floppy-eared. FCRs and GRs, especially
field GRs, have lots and lots in common. The colour issue can get in
the way.

Here, for your viewing pleasure, is a photo of three FCRs.

http://www.fotolog.net/innovadog/?photo_id=4482709.

Here is the yellow girl, alone.

http://www.fotolog.net/innovadog/?photo_id=264707

Yes, the yellow one (Choni) is also an FCR, and had done quite nicely
for herself in the field and other dog sports. (Yellow is disqualifying
in the breed ring only). If you were to put her into a pack of field
Goldens and ask people from either breed to find the one that doesn't
belong, I think you'd find a lot of folks at a complete loss.

--
Kate
and Storm the FCR
Old March 16th 05, 06:20 PM
KWBrown

ceb wrote in news:Xns961B85EA59423ceb4vvirginiaedu@
128.143.2.66:

Are you trolling Kate?

S'alright. I bit, hook, line, and sinker. It was a good excuse to get out
photos of a cool dog.

People do keep guessing FCR, so maybe there's something to it.

She's gorgeous, right?

Right. She is a perfect companion for Zoe.

--
Kate
and Storm the FCR
Old March 16th 05, 06:24 PM
Janet B

On 16 Mar 2005 18:11:50 GMT, KWBrown wrote:

She has a nice FCR head, although the ears have much more
character than we allow. :-)

"character" - a good word for them! Lucy's ears are smooth, but have
the same action/level. She's lab/gsd mix, so something pointy eared
(and black) with golden is a pretty good guess.

Have you seen Choni in person? I have and she is prettier in her
pitcure IMO.

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old March 16th 05, 06:37 PM
KWBrown

Janet B wrote in
:

Have you seen Choni in person? I have and she is prettier in her
picture IMO.

Never had the pleasure, and it looks now like I may not. I understand that
Amy's done travelling with Choni.

--
Kate
and Storm the FCR
Old March 16th 05, 06:51 PM
Liisa Sarakontu

ceb wrote in
:

www.dogster.com/?128613
I'm interested in hearing breed guesses. Her former owner told me that
her mother was a Golden Retriever. Obviously, there's something else
there too.

She looks really very "retrieverish", so the previous owner is probably
right about the breed of the dam. The other parent has to be something with
erect or semi-erect ears and non-yellow coat - but not necessarily black
coat. And it has to have either longish coat, or it has to carry the "l"
gene for the coat. I'd say Border Collie.

Liisa
Old March 16th 05, 07:09 PM
Rocky

ceb said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

www.dogster.com/?128613

I'm interested in hearing breed guesses. Her former owner
told me that her mother was a Golden Retriever. Obviously,
there's something else there too.

How big is she again?

She looks an awful like a friends black (with a white spot on
her chest) BC X, Soot.

At last, peectures of Queenie! ceb Dog behavior 25 March 17th 05 05:18 AM
The Queenie Effect ceb Dog behavior 9 February 16th 05 03:57 PM
The Zoe & Queenie Report ceb Dog behavior 0 February 10th 05 04:09 PM
Dog fight, dog bite, aaaiiiieeeeee ceb Dog behavior 72 February 7th 05 01:59 PM
New dog, need reassurance ceb Dog behavior 26 January 28th 05 10:42 AM