Cabergoline (inducing estrus) how much?

Old March 17th 05, 06:04 PM

Default Cabergoline (inducing estrus) how much?

on 2005-03-17 at 12:55 wrote:

I have a female that has been due to come into season for
over 2 months now. And would like to take the medical route
BUT! frankly can not afford the HIGH vet bill for something
that I can administer myself.

frankly, if you cannot afford to consult with your vet, then
you've got no business breeding your bitch.

Please, email me at with
any responses.

you want people to invest their time in helping you, but you
can't find the time to check newsgroups for answers?

http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
http://letters-to-esther.blogspot.com/
Old March 17th 05, 06:20 PM
Darnell Barber

Shelly my apologize if my message seemed innapropriate. I have posted this
message on 5 different newsgroups that I found would be appropriate for this
subject. And did not want to somehow overlook it.

Thanks for your response.

Darnell
"shelly" wrote in message
arble.net...

Old March 17th 05, 06:28 PM
Darnell Barber

After taking more time to read your remark. The
question is not affordability as much as paying again
5 times the amount to do something I can do myself.

Example: administering a vaccine. A Vet would
charge you roughly 20.00 per vaccination where
as you can buy the vaccine for 5.00 or less.

I believe that you can see for a litter of 6 pups
paying 30.00 per series of vaccs vs 120.00 per
series or better yet 90 upon completion vs
360.00 would make atleast some sense.

Thanks Again,

Darnell Barber

"Darnell Barber" wrote in message
Shelly my apologize if my message seemed innapropriate. I have posted
this message on 5 different newsgroups that I found would be appropriate
for this subject. And did not want to somehow overlook it.

Thanks for your response.

Darnell
"shelly" wrote in message
arble.net...

Old March 17th 05, 06:38 PM

Darnell Barber wrote:
Example: administering a vaccine. A Vet would
charge you roughly 20.00 per vaccination where
as you can buy the vaccine for 5.00 or less.

An issue here is looking after the dog's health. When dogs
to go the vet for vaccines they also get a checkup -
everything from joints to oral health. In the case of
reproductive health, and counterexample to yours would be
the people I bought one of my dogs from. Their pregnant
bitch wasn't whelping when expected and seemed to be
starting to have problems she thought about administering a
drug to induce labor herself, but fortunately ended up
taking the bitch to the vet. The vet found a dead puppy
stuck in the birth canal, and if she'd induced labor at home
the remaining puppies would likely have been crushed to
death. It's not just about the money.

2/3 of the Social Security Trustees are political appointees
Old March 17th 05, 07:03 PM

on 2005-03-17 at 13:28 wrote:

Example: administering a vaccine. A Vet would charge you
roughly 20.00 per vaccination where as you can buy the
vaccine for 5.00 or less.

there are certainly some things that a knowledgeable owner can
do by themselves at home (e.g. wormings and basic vaccines).
however, this is different. breeding and raising pups is an
expensive endeavor. if you are tempted to cut corners before
the bitch has even conceived, then you should perhaps rethink
whether or not you should be breeding her.

that said, if you're concerned about your vet's mark-up and
the cost of office visits, ask if s/he would be willing to
give you the drug to administer at home.

I believe that you can see for a litter of 6 pups paying
30.00 per series of vaccs vs 120.00 per series or better yet
90 upon completion vs 360.00 would make atleast some sense.

it makes sense *if* you're a knowledgeable, experienced
owner/breeder and *if* you're still taking the pups to the vet
for regular check-ups. in my own experience, the office visit
and check-up is usually is the largest expense. the vax
themselves have been fairly cheap.

i'm still of the opinion that if you're looking for financial
short-cuts before the breeding has even been done, you should
*seriously* reconsider following through. what are you going
to do if the dog needs a c-section? (i almost fainted when i
overheard one of the vet techs running down the prices of a
c-section, hospitalization, etc. to a client on the phone.)
that $240 you're planning on saving on puppy vax isn't going
to put a dent in it.

Old March 17th 05, 08:16 PM
Darnell Barber

Whelp Shelly, I thank you for your advice no matter how
much it does not answer my question. Yes, I have raised
and bred SEVERAL litters. And am a responsible breeder.

So, I am familiar with the unforeseen surprises that COULD
come to pass. Hence saving money on unneccessary expendintures..

Now, that I have invoked the "save the rain forest" type. I
wonder if I can actually have my questions answered as apposed
for UNASKED for opinions.

For those that wonder what I am referring to this is an oral med
with very little side affects (Dostinex/ Cabergoline/ Cabaser)...

I am simply trying to find out the proper dosage to induce heat.

Geese!

P.S. I already have the med (it is used for many other things and
can and has been bought online without a prescription) I am merely
looking again for dosage.

Thanks

"shelly" wrote in message
arble.net...

Old March 17th 05, 08:28 PM

on 2005-03-17 at 15:16 wrote:

Now, that I have invoked the "save the rain forest" type. I
wonder if I can actually have my questions answered as
apposed for UNASKED for opinions.

even if anyone here *knew* the answer, it would be unethical
and potentially actionable for them to give that information
to you.

I am simply trying to find out the proper dosage to induce heat.

ask your vet. HTH!

Geese!

African or European?

P.S. I already have the med (it is used for many other things
and can and has been bought online without a prescription) I
am merely looking again for dosage.

then, if you live in the US, you obtained it illegally, as it
is a prescription medication here.

Old March 17th 05, 09:41 PM
Darnell Barber

feathers.

Not interested in these internet fights. I like many others
go by the statement if you have nothing nice to say say
nothing at all.

If you don't have a suggestion fine. But the personal
attacks are just stupid.

Whelp, I won't waste my time responding. And yes, I
have recieved a "private" email(s) with the answer.

Not, everyone is of the opinion you are.

Thanks

Darnell
"shelly" wrote in message
arble.net...

Old March 17th 05, 09:50 PM

Darnell Barber wrote:
Not interested in these internet fights. I like many others
go by the statement if you have nothing nice to say say
nothing at all.

Maybe, but the rest of us go with Alice Roosevelt
Longworth's invitation, "If you have nothing nice to say,
come sit next to me."

2/3 of the Social Security Trustees are political appointees
Old March 17th 05, 10:21 PM
Darnell Barber

lol

Some feel ashtough they must add their 2 cents and some don't.
I appreciate the heartfelt concern. And just feel THIS time it is
unwarranted.

But, I would not post on these type of message boards
if it were not for the (albeit extremely opinionated) dedicated
individuals that frequent them.

Again, with all sincerety thanks. I know you meant well
with the remarks.

Darnell