A new campaign for shelter animals

Old March 22nd 05, 11:50 PM

Default A new campaign for shelter animals

Dear Friends,

As you know, in 2004, 6-8 million lost and unwanted dogs and cats
entered animal shelters throughout the US, and only half made it out
alive: the other 3-4 million were euthanized. That's nearly a quarter
million animals a month, 405 every hour, one every nine seconds.

We are former shelter workers who have launched the Every Nine Seconds
Campaign to help turn these sad statistics around and make 2005 a
better year for the animals than the last. We are donating copies of
our book, One at a Time: A Week in an American Animal Shelter, to 1,000
shelters, to help them in their efforts to reach out and educate their
communities.

One at a Time tells the true stories of 75 dogs and cats who passed
through a typical US animal shelter during one week that we witnessed
and documented. Each animal in the book has an important lesson to
teach, and a powerful message to share, about why he was in the
shelter, how it could have been prevented, and what the public can do
to help.

Please join us..."adopt" a shelter, by submitting a story and photo of
an animal who has touched your life. In honor of that animal, we'll
send a book free of charge to a shelter you specify (or we can pick a
shelter for you), with a special dedication on the book's first page
honoring that animal (and we'll also send you a copy of the
dedication).

There is no cost for "adopting" a shelter in honor of a special
animal... just log onto our website and join us:
www.EveryNineSeconds.org.

For the anmals,
Diane Leigh and Marilee Geyer
No Voice Unheard