Kinda OT--quotation needed

Old March 23rd 05, 03:21 AM
marie

Default Kinda OT--quotation needed

OK, here's one for you literary types:

In my spare (?!?) time, I like to scrapbook. At the moment, I am
concentrating on pictures of the boys--not chronological, just whichever
shot inspires me.

Last night I came across the pictures of Macula meeting the babies the day
we brought them home. The page is coming along, but I need a short
quotation, poem, saying, etc. to complete it. I can find oodles of things
about babies/children/boys, and oodles of things about dogs, but have not
been able to find anything that combines the two things.

Any of you have a favorite poem or something that talks about the
connection/relationship between dogs and their little ones?

TIA

Marie

Old March 23rd 05, 08:39 AM
PacMan

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 21:21:06 -0500, marie of saw fit to burden us
with:

[..]
Any of you have a favorite poem or something that talks about the
connection/relationship between dogs and their little ones?

"Master, behold Thy Servant!
Strange children came to play
And because they fought to caress him
Thy Servant wentedst away.
But now that the little Beasts have gone
he has returned to see
(brushed - with his Sunday collar on)
what they left over from tea"

"His apologies" by Rudyard Kipling

Not quite what you wanted, I'm sure ... ;-)

More at:
http://whitewolf.newcastle.edu.au/wo...hyServantADog/

It doesn't have "The power of the Dog", though, one of my personal
favourites of Kiplings' poems.

--
PacMan
"I may not practice what I preach, but God forbid
Old March 27th 05, 10:13 PM
Shelly & The Boys

"marie" wrote in message
OK, here's one for you literary types:

In my spare (?!?) time, I like to scrapbook. At the moment, I am
concentrating on pictures of the boys--not chronological, just whichever
shot inspires me.

Last night I came across the pictures of Macula meeting the babies the day
we brought them home. The page is coming along, but I need a short
quotation, poem, saying, etc. to complete it. I can find oodles of things
about babies/children/boys, and oodles of things about dogs, but have not
been able to find anything that combines the two things.

Any of you have a favorite poem or something that talks about the
connection/relationship between dogs and their little ones?

James Herriot has one that I just love, but unfortunately, I cannot find it!
drew a picture of my friend's toddler son embracing their Sheltie years ago,
but I haven't able to re-find it since!
Shelly & The Boys

Old March 28th 05, 02:08 AM
Trish Dunphy

"Shelly & The Boys" wrote in message

"marie" wrote in message
OK, here's one for you literary types:

Any of you have a favorite poem or something that talks about the
connection/relationship between dogs and their little ones?

James Herriot has one that I just love, but unfortunately, I cannot find

it!
drew a picture of my friend's toddler son embracing their Sheltie years

ago,
but I haven't able to re-find it since!
Shelly & The Boys

I looked up a few quotes for you... ok first I looked up poems, had to put a
stop to that pretty quickly, I'm here bawling my eyes out now... when will I
ever learn not to read poems about strays etc. As a kid I was never allowed
to watch Charlie Brown because I'd cry for days after, about Snoopy sleeping
outside on the top of his house. Cripes I still cry over that.

Here are a few I found:

"The dog was created specially for children. He is the god of frolic." -
Henry Ward Beecher (1813-87)

"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with
him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself
too." - Samuel Butler

"Happiness is a warm puppy." - Charles M. Schulz

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face." -
Ben Williams (ok this one doesn't apply but I love it!)

Trish
http://www.dogster.com/?132206

Old April 2nd 05, 11:11 PM
marie

I found "Power of Dog"

Check he http://makeashorterlink.com/?A12F32DCA

Marie

CA: Help Needed w/Dobes Tee Dog rescue 0 October 27th 03 10:52 PM
CA: Help Needed w/Dobes Tee Dog behavior 0 October 27th 03 10:52 PM
CA: Help Needed w/Dobes Tee Dog behavior 0 October 27th 03 10:52 PM
Info on prescription diets needed please Lawrence & Bobbie Dog health 2 October 18th 03 07:22 PM
Info on prescription diets needed please Lawrence & Bobbie Dog health 0 October 18th 03 05:54 AM