Iams & Eukanuba, good foods? any opinions?

Old March 24th 05, 05:22 AM

Default Iams & Eukanuba, good foods? any opinions?

What is the consensus here about Iams and Eurkanuba? I remember several
years ago they were considered the best foods out there. I was looking
at Eukanuba Lamb and Rice and it says it uses New Zealand Lamb which is
free range, hormone and antibiotic free. That sounds pretty good but I
don't know.

Old March 24th 05, 12:15 PM

Here we go again...

IMHO, The foods you mentioned are adequate to keep your dog alive but I
wouldn't use them. My dogs have done poorly on corn based foods. Do
some research at the following links and then try some of the following
foods (free samples are available from the stores that sell them).
Compare them to Iams / Eukanuba and then make a decision that works
well for you and your dog(s).

www.naturapet.com

www.canidae.com

www.omhpet.com

www.solidgoldhealth.com

http://www.nutroproducts.com/ncultradog.asp

Old March 24th 05, 04:57 PM
Pam

I changed my dog over to Iams several months ago and have noticed much
improvement overall. On her previous food (purchased at the vet's), she had
an odor, her coat was coarse and she had a constant problem with loose
stool. Now her coat is soft and shiny, the odor disappeared within a couple
of weeks and her stool is normal. I decided to go with Iams because a friend
of mine has a healthy eleven year old boxer that was fed Iams and usually
their lifespan is about 10 years. I'm using the large breed with glucosimine
(don't know about the spelling) and she loves it.

Old March 25th 05, 05:43 PM
bakersign

eukenuba might be one of the worst dog foods ever. where do i begin?
1.stay away from chemicals,corn,soy grains,etc. i feed REAL
FOOD-beef,chicken,veggies.
there are many web sites to help you -type in cooking for dogs. if you
can't go this route,check out blue buffalo,newmans' organics,natural
balance,flint river ranch and solid gold. read the book"give your dog a
bone" and check out the barf diet to see waht real food for dogs should
be.

Old March 25th 05, 07:02 PM

bakersign wrote:
eukenuba might be one of the worst dog foods ever. where do i begin?
1.stay away from chemicals,corn,soy grains,etc. i feed REAL
FOOD-beef,chicken,veggies.
there are many web sites to help you -type in cooking for dogs. if

you
can't go this route,check out blue buffalo,newmans' organics,natural
balance,flint river ranch and solid gold. read the book"give your dog

bone" and check out the barf diet to see waht real food for dogs

should
be.

Perhaps you have scientific references for us to peruse, that back up
your misguided opinions? Small Animal Clinical Nutrition is a better
reference than the "give your dog a bone" book. That book is an
opinion piece, while SACN is a clinical textbook containing the last
50+ years of research into nutrition.

Old March 25th 05, 07:31 PM

eukenuba might be one of the worst dog foods ever. where do i
begin?

Okay, I'll bite - please, begin to explain to us this claim that
Eukanuba is "one of the worst dog foods ever". Inquirering minds wanna
know.