Input please?

Old March 24th 05, 12:44 PM
MOMPEAGRAM

Default Input please?

We have a 4 year old female chihuahua. She has never been exposed to other
dogs but we would like her to have some company. Any suggestions on
introducing another chi into the family?

Old March 24th 05, 12:50 PM
Janet B

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 07:44:14 -0500, "MOMPEAGRAM"
wrote:

We have a 4 year old female chihuahua. She has never been exposed to other
dogs but we would like her to have some company. Any suggestions on
introducing another chi into the family?

Puppies are generally easier accepted, but how about doing some
general socializing with her first? An obdience class is a good place
to start.

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old March 25th 05, 09:32 PM
NKara

How well socialized is she? When our chi was 18 months old, we added
another dog (a maltese/lhasa mix) and they were fine in the yard when
they met for the first time, but then our Monty got upset and jealous.
We just ignored his bad behavior, rewarded good, lots of handling for
both, no change in #1 dog's routines or status - fed him first, groomed
him first, etc., lots of playtime together, and now they are best buddies.

Both of our dogs were rescues (6 months and 10 months old).

If it's possible, can you take #1 with you to CHOOSE the new dog/puppy?

Need input on limp in Golden Retriever Leslie Weinberg Dog health 5 February 28th 04 01:28 AM
Need Input [eggplant] Jo Wolf Dog behavior 3 October 16th 03 07:39 AM
Need Input Suja Dog behavior 0 October 15th 03 04:27 PM
Need Input Suja Dog behavior 0 October 15th 03 04:27 PM
Need Input Suja Dog behavior 0 October 15th 03 04:27 PM