spots on my dogs nose

Old April 3rd 05, 03:23 PM
dollymarie

Default spots on my dogs nose

hello, I wrote earlier in the week as my dog has kennel cough,

I have noticed that his hair is falling out of the tip of his nose and he
keeps rubbing/scratching it with his paws.

Today, i was giving it a bit of a scratch for him, when I noticed he has
all these little lumps that appear to be under the skin on his nose. They
could just be where he has irritated it from scratching it himself, but
has anyone any idea what this might be, the lumps dont seem to be of even
size, and he isnt scratching them a lot, I just wondered what it might be.
Any ideas anyone?
Dollymarie

Old April 3rd 05, 03:58 PM

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 10:23:56 -0400, "dollymarie"
wrote:

Today, i was giving it a bit of a scratch for him, when I noticed he has
all these little lumps that appear to be under the skin on his nose. They
could just be where he has irritated it from scratching it himself, but
has anyone any idea what this might be, the lumps dont seem to be of even
size, and he isnt scratching them a lot, I just wondered what it might be.
Any ideas anyone?

only a vet will be able to diagnose and treat the problem. what
you're describing could be any number of things; however, it sounds
like a form of pemphigus, which is an autoimmune disorder.

http://www.vetinfo.com/dpemph.html

http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette || http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com

I must see new things and investigate them. I want to taste dark water
and see crackling trees and wild winds.
-- Egon Schiele

Old April 4th 05, 01:54 AM
buglady

"dollymarie" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
I have noticed that his hair is falling out of the tip of his nose and he
keeps rubbing/scratching it with his paws.

Today, i was giving it a bit of a scratch for him, when I noticed he has
all these little lumps that appear to be under the skin on his nose. They
could just be where he has irritated it from scratching it himself, but
has anyone any idea what this might be, the lumps dont seem to be of even
size, and he isnt scratching them a lot

........hard to know. Could just be something like a contact allergy -
something he physically stuck his nose in that he reacted to. Or something
like mange. I'd just keep an eye on him for a couple of days and keep notes
on what is happening. If it's getting worse I'd head for the vet.

Hope it's nothing

buglady
take out the dog before replying