Austin TX dog needs foster/adoption

Old April 4th 05, 02:18 AM
Wooly

Default Austin TX dog needs foster/adoption

No flaming please - I'm the Good Samaritin here.

I saved a dog from a highway death. I cannot keep him. Local rescues
are full and our city shelter is an open-door operation.

I've had the dog vetted minimally for old injuries. He is now current
on rabies, HW- and taking antibiotic for infection in a rear leg. If
I still have him on 4/16 he'll be going to the cheap clinic for The
Snip and to have the rest of his vaccinations. The dog is very sweet,
affectionate with adults, appropriate with kids but not what I'd call
a "kid dog". Knows some basic commands but needs practice. Growls at
cats, shows no other aggression including zero food aggression.
Should weigh about 55# when he's healthy again, vet told me to keep
his weight down until he starts using his bum leg again so I'm holding
him between 45-50#.

I'll drive up to three hours to get him into a good foster or adoptive
home. I'd like to recoup some of the vet bills and if necessary I'll
pay for a cheap clinic neutering.

Oh, he's a pitbull. A very sweet one that likes to have his belly
scratched and that would sleep in my lap if he lived in the house.

So, if you know someone in the central Texas area with a good vet
referral who is willing to take this dog as a foster - or adopt him
outright - please put me in touch with that individual.