Photos from our A match

Old April 8th 05, 03:44 PM
Robin Nuttall

Default Photos from our A match

These are some photos a friend took at our A match. She did manage to
get some good ones of some dogs and people. It was truly a glorious day
here, sunny and in the 70s. Here are the 3 of Cala I kind of liked:

http://www.showmek9.com/amatch/pages...Match-031.html
Coming into her down position off the aframe.

http://www.showmek9.com/amatch/pages...Match-032.html
The jump is the one still 3 feet away...yes, she cleared it.

http://www.showmek9.com/amatch/pages...Match-103.html
My favorite! Cala's version of a turn.

Old April 8th 05, 04:04 PM
ceb

Robin Nuttall wrote in news:7Nw5e.2965$8Z6.2281
@attbi_s21:

These are some photos a friend took at our A match. She did manage to
get some good ones of some dogs and people. It was truly a glorious day
here, sunny and in the 70s. Here are the 3 of Cala I kind of liked:

http://www.showmek9.com/amatch/pages...Match-031.html
Coming into her down position off the aframe.

http://www.showmek9.com/amatch/pages...Match-032.html
The jump is the one still 3 feet away...yes, she cleared it.

http://www.showmek9.com/amatch/pages...Match-103.html
My favorite! Cala's version of a turn.

That is a great turn! I also have a soft spot for photos of leaping dogs,
they always look so athletic and happy.

--
Catherine
& Zoe & Queenie
Old April 8th 05, 04:19 PM

In article 7Nw5e.2965$8Z6.2281@attbi_s21,
Robin Nuttall wrote:
http://www.showmek9.com/amatch/pages...Match-032.html
The jump is the one still 3 feet away...yes, she cleared it.

That's pretty amazing. Does she do that every time?

For two decades your payroll taxes have been used to offset
the cost of upper-income tax cuts.
Old April 8th 05, 04:52 PM
Rocky

Robin Nuttall said in rec.pets.dogs.activities:

http://www.showmek9.com/amatch/pages...Match-103.html
My favorite! Cala's version of a turn.

Do pole setters replace divots?

Friday gets up enough speed to turn like that, too: the main
reason we only compete outside on turf or in a horse arena. I
like a surface that gives.

(BTW, do you have a picture which better shows those course
numbers?)

Old April 8th 05, 05:08 PM
Robin Nuttall

Robin Nuttall wrote:

http://www.showmek9.com/amatch/pages...Match-032.html
The jump is the one still 3 feet away...yes, she cleared it.

That's pretty amazing. Does she do that every time?

If it's good spacing, yes. On a typical AKC course, if the spacing
between the jumps is 18 feet, Cala likes to land off of a jump, take a
half-stride to gather herself, then take back off. She is actually
fairly efficient vertically--she's not jumping 30" or anything--but
she's got a huge horizontal spread. I estimate somewhere between 12 and
16 feet of stride for a 24" jump. And she's not really taking off early
then landing short. She doesn't drop many bars. I'm now working on
tightening her up so she jumps curves shorter. She can do it, but she
prefers this!

Old April 8th 05, 05:14 PM
Robin Nuttall

Rocky wrote:

Robin Nuttall said in rec.pets.dogs.activities:

http://www.showmek9.com/amatch/pages...Match-103.html
My favorite! Cala's version of a turn.

Do pole setters replace divots?

We honestly don't know where the dust even came from--it wasn't that dry
out there, sort of spring moist, and the grass coverage was good!

Friday gets up enough speed to turn like that, too: the main
reason we only compete outside on turf or in a horse arena. I
like a surface that gives.

Yep. I'm going to try Cala on field turf this summer, we'll see.
Generally it's dirt or grass. Well actually, it's usually dirt. This is
only the second time she's ever been outside. She was a good girl,
treated it just like she was indoors.

(BTW, do you have a picture which better shows those course
numbers?)

I don't know. Did you check out some of the other photos? What do you
want to know? They're soccer field cones, and we stuck black numbers on
them. We actually have 4 colors, which is really nice for nesting
courses at the building. White, yellow, red, blue. Each with enough for
20 jumps. There's a hole in the top of each one, and they're stored on a
metal spike thing. Compact. If you want I can try to find the supplier.

Old April 8th 05, 05:30 PM
Rocky

Robin Nuttall said in rec.pets.dogs.activities:

(BTW, do you have a picture which better shows those
course numbers?)

I don't know. Did you check out some of the other photos?

No. That would make too much sense.

What do you want to know?

Where to buy them, how much they cost, and how well they work.
As to the latter, it looks like they can't get kicked over.

They're soccer field cones, and
we stuck black numbers on them. We actually have 4 colors,
which is really nice for nesting courses at the building.

How does 4 colours help with nesting? My group uses 2 colours
for team which helps the pole setters.

White, yellow, red, blue. Each with enough for 20 jumps.
There's a hole in the top of each one, and they're stored
on a metal spike thing. Compact. If you want I can try to
find the supplier.

Thanks! I'll do a search for a Canadian supplier of soccer
field cones.

Old April 8th 05, 07:24 PM
Robin Nuttall

Rocky wrote:

Robin Nuttall said in rec.pets.dogs.activities:

Where to buy them, how much they cost, and how well they work.
As to the latter, it looks like they can't get kicked over.

Hard to kick over. They are a bit wider in the base than some of the cones.

How does 4 colours help with nesting? My group uses 2 colours
for team which helps the pole setters.

Okay, probably wasn't being clear. Sometimes we set up some of the Clean
Run exercises that have 3 or 4 different ways to run the same set of
jumps. We can put different color number sets out for each way it can be
run. Likewise, at our Fun matches if the course is fully nested, we can
use one color for Novice, a second for Open, and a 3rd for Excellent.
Each person walks then runs their level. We just say "Novice is White,
Open is Blue."

Thanks! I'll do a search for a Canadian supplier of soccer
field cones.

I'm not sure which place these came from, I didn't buy them and the
person who did is out of town. But we like them a lot.

Old April 9th 05, 02:52 AM
Rocky

Robin Nuttall said in rec.pets.dogs.activities:

How does 4 colours help with nesting? My group uses 2
colours for team which helps the pole setters.

Okay, probably wasn't being clear. Sometimes we set up some
of the Clean Run exercises that have 3 or 4 different ways
to run the same set of jumps.

That makes sense - I thought you were referring to nesting in
terms of trial situations.

Thanks for the leads on better cones.