Take two, they're small

Old April 11th 05, 03:19 AM

Default Take two, they're small

[]
So yesterday I drove up to Quebec to pick up Crow, Cinder's
littermate and my new leader. Today I drove home with Crow
and Eclipse, the latter of whom is half-sister to Image,
Cinder, and Crow (same dam) and now my racing team is set
for next winter. They're athletic, affectionate dogs with
active senses of humor and far too much interest in the
cats (!!), but so far we're having a blast. The rest of the
crew comes home from the kennel tomorrow morning and we'll
make introductions then.

In the photo at
http://www.shellmer.com/craftsbury/05-0122_3682.html, which
was taken in the 30 mile Craftsbury True Companion race,
Crow is running lead on the musher's left (viewer's right)
and Eclipse is in wheel on the same side.

For two decades your payroll taxes have been used to offset
the cost of upper-income tax cuts.
Old April 11th 05, 03:29 AM
Rocky

Melinda Shore said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

In the photo at
http://www.shellmer.com/craftsbury/05-0122_3682.html, which
was taken in the 30 mile Craftsbury True Companion race,
Crow is running lead on the musher's left (viewer's right)
and Eclipse is in wheel on the same side.

Please add to cart 1 (one) 5x7 gloss archive print. Thank you
for your attention to this matter.

(Crow is very pretty, and I admire her levitating skills.)

Old April 11th 05, 02:18 PM

sighthounds & siberians wrote:
Both look pretty Sibey, at least in terms of head and facial markings.

I'd say so. They both look a lot like Cinder, not so much
like Image. But like both Cinder and Image they're a lot
weedier than your typical show/pet Siberian, thinner coats,
etc. And except for being crated last night they haven't
sat still for more than a second or two since arriving
here. Eclipse immediately discovered the various chew toys
around the house - she obviously thought "score!" and is now
building a stash in the kitchen. Both learned to sit very,
very quickly, but learning that the kitchen counter is not
an appropriate perch is taking a little longer.

Closer pictures, please. Also, a photo of your now complete team,
please.

I tried to get pictures of the team last winter but it
turned out not to be that easy to get a friend to hike a
mile down a snowy trail in cold weather to stand there and
wait for us to zip by. There are always plenty of
photographers at races, and I'm expecting that we'll be able
to get some pictures taken this winter.

Old April 11th 05, 02:49 PM
sighthounds & siberians

On 11 Apr 2005 09:18:31 -0400, (Melinda Shore) wrote:

In article ,
sighthounds & siberians wrote:
Both look pretty Sibey, at least in terms of head and facial markings.

I'd say so. They both look a lot like Cinder, not so much
like Image. But like both Cinder and Image they're a lot
weedier than your typical show/pet Siberian, thinner coats,
etc. And except for being crated last night they haven't
sat still for more than a second or two since arriving
here. Eclipse immediately discovered the various chew toys
around the house - she obviously thought "score!" and is now
building a stash in the kitchen. Both learned to sit very,
very quickly, but learning that the kitchen counter is not
an appropriate perch is taking a little longer.

snort How old are these two? I assume this is their first
experience inside a house? May the Force be with you.

Closer pictures, please. Also, a photo of your now complete team,
please.

I tried to get pictures of the team last winter but it
turned out not to be that easy to get a friend to hike a
mile down a snowy trail in cold weather to stand there and
wait for us to zip by. There are always plenty of
photographers at races, and I'm expecting that we'll be able
to get some pictures taken this winter.

How about a picture of everybody in harness, stationary, during
training or even in summer? Failing that, I'd settle for a picture of
Crow/Eclipse on your kitchen counter.

Mustang Sally

Old April 11th 05, 03:02 PM

sighthounds & siberians wrote:
snort How old are these two? I assume this is their first
experience inside a house?

Crow is 4 and Eclipse is 2.5, and yup, not only have they
never lived inside before but they've also never even been
inside a house before. One thing that surprised me is that
they took to the stairs immediately, although Crow's descent
is somewhat more, um, disorganized than her ascent.

How about a picture of everybody in harness, stationary, during
training or even in summer? Failing that, I'd settle for a picture of
Crow/Eclipse on your kitchen counter.

I'm definitely going to be taking around-the-yard pictures,
and even though it's starting to get too hot for pulling I
think I'm going to start occasionally hitching them to a
tree and working on manners. I don't have any illusions
about placing well in races but I would like to have an
extremely well-behaved team.

Old April 11th 05, 03:05 PM
ceb

(Melinda Shore) wrote in news:d3cmrn$pu4$1
@panix2.panix.com:

In the photo at
http://www.shellmer.com/craftsbury/05-0122_3682.html, which
was taken in the 30 mile Craftsbury True Companion race,
Crow is running lead on the musher's left (viewer's right)
and Eclipse is in wheel on the same side.

They are very pretty! I too am looking forward to seeing more close-ups and
possibly some time on the Husky Cam!

--
Catherine
& Zoe & Queenie
Old April 12th 05, 01:46 PM

on 2005-04-10 at 22:19 wrote:

They're athletic, affectionate dogs with active senses of
humor and far too much interest in the cats (!!), but so far
we're having a blast.

oh wow! i'm kelly green with envy.

The rest of the crew comes home from the kennel tomorrow
morning and we'll make introductions then.

so how's it going so far?

http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
http://letters-to-esther.blogspot.com/ (updated 4/3/05)
Old April 12th 05, 02:02 PM

In article e.net,
shelly wrote:
so how's it going so far?

It's going well. Eclipse was nervous about the other dogs
at first and was hiding behind me, but she's relaxed and she
and Crow are now parading around like "We own this town."
Cinder and Crow are littermates and Cinder's been following
Crow around with her nose glued to Crow's butt. Both went
for their first walks ever yesterday and did pretty well.
Meals have been a bit mayhemful as I've had to reorganize
who eats where but it's improving quickly. In the past I've
found that if there are going to be issues it takes at least
a week for them to surface, but Siberians really tend to
enjoy pack life and I think it's going to continue to go
well (this is now a 4-bitch household [5 if you include
me]). It's pretty great seeing the sisters together. Gee,
think they're related?

Amount George W Bush has borrowed from the "worthless" Social
Security Trust Fund to pay for other things: $639 billion