liposarcoma

Old April 11th 05, 07:50 PM
korgaz

Default liposarcoma

my 7 year old irish red and white setter, Charlie has just been diagnosed
with a liposarcoma after he had a tumour removed 10 days ago. Has anybody
got any info on this. Thanks x

Old April 14th 05, 01:37 PM
buglady

"korgaz" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
my 7 year old irish red and white setter, Charlie has just been diagnosed
with a liposarcoma after he had a tumour removed 10 days ago. Has anybody
got any info on this. Thanks x

...............sorry about your pup's diagnosis. Cancer feels so
devastating. This is one cancer I have no experience with, but here's a few
things for you to read:
http://www.oncolink.upenn.edu/expert...&ss=86&id=2052
http://www.oncolink.upenn.edu/expert...&ss=86&id=1271
http://www.vetpath.co.za/small_14_so...in_and_subc u
tis_of_dogs.htm

Gulf Coast Veterinary Clinic has a reputation for cancer treatment. I
couldn't take time to find things specifically about liposarcoma, but click
on the links to the left to read more about treatments. Somewhere they have
a list of treatments for each type of cancer for the pet owner. There's
also a lot of good general information.
http://www.gcvs.com/oncology/index.htm

I'm assuming they send the tissue off to a pathologist. I'd get a copy of
the report and see if they got clean margins - or ask your vet - as it seems
that surgery alone can be curative:
http://www.vet.uga.edu/vpp/clerk/berger/

If your vet doesn't have a lot of experience with these kinds of cancers and
treatments, you can ask for a referral to an oncologist.

I'd also suggest searching the archives of this group at Goggle for other
people's experiences: www.google.com and click on groups, then find this
group and search for liposarcoma.

Good luck to you and your pup
buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old April 21st 05, 01:05 AM
korgaz

thanks for the info, its taken charlie a good 3 weeks to get over his
operation, and he is such a healthy dog usually. news frm our vets were
that margins were as clean as could be expected in this type of cancer and
his prognosis eems fantastic. Thanks again for you info..a great help xx