My pug pees on his pug sister ALL THE TIME! Frustrated...

Old April 16th 05, 07:31 PM
Puppylovers Puppylovers is offline
Junior Member

Default My pug pees on his pug sister ALL THE TIME! Frustrated...

Hello everybody,

I really need your imput for our problem. I have 2 pugs - a female 4 y.o. and male 2 y.o. They have free access to the back yard through their doggie door. The male is a needy little fella, and each time the female goes outside to do her business, he is right there following her. When she is doing her business outside, he absolutely HAS TO pee exactly where she is doing it. In the result my female pug gets peed on all the time. If we are in the house and she is heading for the doggie door to go outside, and I try to stop him from going with her, he gets VERY anxios. I think it's a teritory issue. This is one side of the problem. When we take them for a walk, and if he is peeing somewhere, she has to get "right in there", when he is doing it, so now her head gets wet. After he is done, she WILL always pee on that spot. This gets very frustratating. Not only I am tired of giving her a bath every single day, it's not good for her. What do I do? Taking them for walks separately? Restricting access to the back yard (this one isn't that easy since I can be away from home for 10 hours)? Someone suggested a shock collar, but I think it's cruel...Please help.
Old April 16th 05, 08:15 PM
Janet B

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 18:31:47 +0000, Puppylovers
wrote:

Not only I am tired of giving her a bath every
single day, it's not good for her.

Baby wipes.

What do I do? Taking them for walks
separately?

Use your leashes well. Have they had any training?

Restricting access to the back yard (this one isn't that
easy since I can be away from home for 10 hours)? Someone suggested a
shock collar, but I think it's cruel...Please help.

A "shock collar" would only be a tool to enforce commands. You can
use a leash to do that. On walks, in your yard. And training (did I
say training?) is the key to all response.

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

From: Marty Wallace AKA Oscar firec3medic Dog behavior 3 March 1st 05 07:09 AM
Here It is [email protected] Dog behavior 0 February 22nd 05 03:34 AM
dog urinates on everything pooteo Dog behavior 1 February 18th 05 10:57 AM
IT'S TIME TO CHANGE THE PRACTICES OF THE PET FOOD INDUSTRY!!!!! Introduction WalterNY Dog activities 0 February 4th 04 12:22 AM
My Dog is getting more agressive every time Alfonso Moran Dog behavior 0 July 25th 03 09:12 PM