Really itchy skin

Old April 17th 05, 07:19 AM
susywelles

Default Really itchy skin

I have a shepard/husky dog with VERY sensitive skin. I have tried:
De-sensitizing innoculations
Temeril-P
Oatmeal shampoo and conditioner
Avocado spray
Rigorous flea control
Airtight bagging of dry food
Dust and mold control
So far, he does best on Prednozone and I really want to get him off of this
medication. Any suggestions?

Old April 17th 05, 08:20 AM
Sharon too

I have a shepard/husky dog with VERY sensitive skin. I have tried:
De-sensitizing innoculations
Temeril-P
Oatmeal shampoo and conditioner
Avocado spray
Rigorous flea control
Airtight bagging of dry food
Dust and mold control
So far, he does best on Prednozone and I really want to get him off of
this medication. Any suggestions?

What is the vet's opinion of food allergies? Go to Hills Z/D for 4 weeks,
absolutely NO other treats except maybe baby carrots. If skins improves,
there's your answer.

When you say sensitive, in what way?

Old April 17th 05, 12:35 PM
Suzie-Q

"susywelles" wrote:

- I have a shepard/husky dog with VERY sensitive skin. I have tried:
- De-sensitizing innoculations
- Temeril-P
- Oatmeal shampoo and conditioner
- Avocado spray
- Rigorous flea control
- Airtight bagging of dry food
- Dust and mold control
- So far, he does best on Prednozone and I really want to get him off of this
- medication. Any suggestions?

You didn't mention flaxseed oil. Try giving him about a teaspoon
with his food. Or some dogs like it by itself!
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/