My golden retriever has an ear infection

Old April 19th 05, 04:11 AM

Default My golden retriever has an ear infection

My golden retriever has had a really bad ear infection for many years.
We have tried everything. She received many different antibiotics, and
she even had a surgery, but the infection keeps comming back. We don't
know what to do anymore. Any advice?

Old April 19th 05, 11:53 AM
buglady

wrote in message
ups.com...
My golden retriever has had a really bad ear infection for many years.
We have tried everything. She received many different antibiotics, and
she even had a surgery, but the infection keeps comming back. We don't
know what to do anymore. Any advice?

.........have you had a full panel thyroid test done? Sometimes ear problems
are related to thyroid and goldens are prone to hypothyroidism. Personally
I'd get the test to rule it out.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old April 19th 05, 02:32 PM
Sharon too

My golden retriever has had a really bad ear infection for many years.
We have tried everything. She received many different antibiotics, and
she even had a surgery, but the infection keeps comming back. We don't
know what to do anymore. Any advice?

First follow buglady's advice about the thyroid suspicion. Then if it turns
up negative I'd think about food allergies. Ask your vet about trying Hills
Z/D for a month or so with absolutely no other treats except carrots.

-Sharon

Old April 22nd 05, 09:44 PM
buglady

"Hillary 2008" wrote in message
Most likely an allergy to pollen etc. Get steroid shots and start on
Benadryl.

.......oh yeah, let's load up on steroids before you even know what's going
on......geez