WARNING: What vets are NOT telling you!

Old April 22nd 05, 02:13 AM
GingerLSanchez

Default WARNING: What vets are NOT telling you!

Please become aware of the risks/dangers of canine drugs/products that
are widely and commonly used by veterinarians BEFORE it's too late for
your beloved pet:

NSAIDs [non steroid anti inflammatory drugs]: widely given for pain,
arthritis, surgery, etc.:

DERAMAXX: (deracoxib): http://rimadyldeath.com/DERAMAXX-TRUTH.htm
ETOGESIC: (etodolac): http://rimadyldeath.com/ETOGESIC - TRUTH.htm
METACAM: (meloxicam): http://rimadyldeath.com/METACAM-TRUTH.htm
RIMADYL: (carprofen): http://rimadyldeath.com/RimadylTRUTH.htm
ZUBRIN (tepoxalin): http://rimadyldeath.com/ZUBRIN---TRUTH.htm
NSAIDS/LAB TESTS: http://rimadyldeath.com/NSAID-LAB-TESTS.htm (note:
there are NO tests that can accurately predict if/when your dog will
have an adverse reaction)

VACCINATIONS: http://rimadyldeath.com/VACCINATIONS.htm

ProHEART 6: http://rimadyldeath.com/ProHeart-6-TRUTH.htm (for heart
worm)

Ginger Sanchez
Website: http://rimadyldeath.com

Old April 22nd 05, 03:15 AM
diddy

in thread oups.com:
"GingerLSanchez" whittled the following words:

Please become aware of the risks/dangers of canine drugs/products that
are widely and commonly used by veterinarians BEFORE it's too late for
your beloved pet:

Yes, my vet DID tell me, and before putting my dog on any of these, they
were discussed thoroughly with reactions/what to look for/frequent blood
panels.
These drugs gave excellent end life quality, for which I am eternally
grateful.
Old April 22nd 05, 03:23 AM
GingerLSanchez

You were very fortunate - the majority of folks, including the vast
majority of veterinarians, don't already know it all, and this posting
is for their benefit so that they CAN become aware.

Old April 22nd 05, 01:52 PM
Robin Nuttall

GingerLSanchez wrote:

You were very fortunate - the majority of folks, including the vast
majority of veterinarians, don't already know it all, and this posting
is for their benefit so that they CAN become aware.

Cite please for the vast majority of veterinarians not knowing about
potential side effects?

All knowledgeable dog owners understand the possible side effects, and
it's been discussed many times on this board. These drugs have
benefitted millions of dogs--many more millions than they have harmed.
All drugs can harm, and if aspirin was submitted for approval today it
would never receive it, it's too powerful and too potentially dangerous.
Yet it also is extremely helpful. Go figure.

Old April 22nd 05, 06:45 PM
GingerLSanchez

I'm very happy to see yet another person here who already knows it all;
the original posting is/was for those who DON'T already have all of
this information.

You asked for a cite:
from: http://www.fda.gov/cvm/index/ade/ade_cum.htm

DERAMAXX (deracoxib) REACTED: 2670 DIED: 601 REPORT: 2/9/05
ETOGESIC (etodolac) REACTED: 1573 DIED: 158 REPORT: 3/01/05
METACAM (meloxicam) REACTED: 569 DIED: 66 REPORT: 3/01/05
RIMADYL (carprofen) REACTED: 12595 DIED: 2369 REPORT: 4/04/05
ZUBRIN (tepoxalin) REACTED: 440 DIED: 60 REPORT: 3/01/05

NSAIDs TOTALS REPORTED- REACTED: 17847 DIED: 3254

PRO HEART 6(moxidectin):REACTED: 5473 DIED: 599 REPORT: 4/01/05

It is estimated by the FDA/CVM that LESS than 10% of the drug
reactions/deaths are being reported by veterinarians, making the
FDA/CVM statistics merely the tip of the iceberg.

The situation has been recognized by both the FDA/CVM and the American
Veterinary Medical Association:

"FDA has gone through extensive measures with Pfizer to ensure that the
side effects, precautions and cautions are on the label, that
veterinarians have received notification in the form of a "Dear Dr."
Letter regarding prescribing and consent issues and still, the
overwhelming number of complaints we receive from pet owners about this
and all other NSAIDS is that the vet did not tell them about side
effects. Hence many owners are not aware of what to look for and dogs
do not always receive timely withdrawal of medication, or treatment."

Victoria Hampshire, VMD
Adverse Drug Events Coordinator
Office Surveillance/Compliance
Center for Veterinary Medicine
Room N420
7500 Standish Place
Rockville, MD 20854
301-827-0158

and

from: http://www.avma.org/onlnews/javma/jan04/040115f.asp
January 15, 2004
The American Veterinary Medical Association:

"They did not receive a client information sheet when one was available
for a drug that was prescribed for their pet.

The medication they received from their veterinarian was not dispensed
in the CVM-approved container but was broken into aliquots that were
taken home without the client information sheet or approved label.

The veterinarian did not conduct or recommend blood testing before and
after prescribing the drug, even though baseline testing and/or
periodic monitoring was recommended on the label. Common examples
include heartworm products and nonsteroidal, anti-inflammatory drugs.

After reading client information sheets and labels on the Internet
about a drug prescribed for their pet, they discovered that their pet
may have fallen into a category of animal for which a precaution or
contraindication existed."

QUESTIONS:
1. Do you have any cites for statistics for your statrment: "These
drugs have benefitted millions of dogs--many more millions than they
have harmed."

2. Do you consider the above given documented adverse health
reactions/deaths to be statistically insignificant?

3. By any chance do you make your "living" in the drug and/or
veterinary associated professions? :-)

Old April 22nd 05, 07:01 PM
diddy

in thread ups.com:
"GingerLSanchez" whittled the following words:

I'm very happy to see yet another person here who already knows it all;
the original posting is/was for those who DON'T already have all of
this information.

Yet another person? Just because those of us on these groups have discussed
this over and over and over doesn't make your news NEW. It's good
information.
But because it's NOT new, doesn't mean everyone are know it all's as you
imply.
But you DO imply that these drugs are a BAD thing, and they are not. Not if
monitored carefully and knowlegeably given.

You barge in copping hysterical attitudes about drugs that can be
dangerous, but even more so, can be beneficial.
It seems you are the one copping the know it all attitude. Apparently this
is new stuff to you. It's not to the average informed readers of these
groups.

Old April 22nd 05, 08:50 PM
Robin Nuttall

GingerLSanchez wrote:
I'm very happy to see yet another person here who already knows it all;
the original posting is/was for those who DON'T already have all of
this information.

You asked for a cite:
from: http://www.fda.gov/cvm/index/ade/ade_cum.htm

Actually, that link doesn't work, but even if it did, I highly doubt
that it would be a citation for a study which supports your assertion
that the vast majority of vets don't have any clue of the side effects
of these drugs.

We've discussed these drugs here on an intermittent basis since Rimadyl
was first released, which I think was somewhere around 1996-1997. Yes,
that means that I've been on the group since then, I've been on it since
1994. 11 years now. Many others have been on here a good number of years
too. There aren't just a plethora of people out there waiting with bated
breath for yet another biased report such as the ones you present.
Sorry, we aren't terribly impressed.

Old April 23rd 05, 05:16 AM
GingerLSanchez

For those who don't already have closed minds on the subject and are
interested in seeing the FDA/CVM's reports on death/health damage
directly:

http://www.fda.gov/cvm/ade_cum.htm

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by having previously provided
the FDA/CVM's old website, which was recently relocated on the Internet.

Old April 23rd 05, 06:49 AM

HOWEDY Ginger,

Thank you. The Amazing Puppy Wizard couldn't heelp but notice
you've met HOWER MENTAL CASES who hurt intimidate and
mruder dogs and lie abHOWET it.

The Amazing Puppy Wizard {) ; ~ )

Old April 23rd 05, 02:44 PM

Hey, look...Ginger has the support of "The Amazing Puppy Wizard". That
pretty much says it all...