Differences between Clippers for Human Hair and Clippers for Dog Hair

Old April 24th 05, 08:01 AM
hiredhands1964

Default Differences between Clippers for Human Hair and Clippers for Dog Hair

Hi,

Are electrical clippers for human hair pretty much the same as the
electrical clippers for dog hair or is there a significant difference
in performance?

Some time ago I tried to clip my spaniel's hair with a clipper for
human hair, but it was just took weak to even trim a millimeter of dog
hair. Although I would like to think otherwise, maybe my personal
experience is unique.

Thanks,

Jamie

Old May 14th 05, 03:40 AM
hiredhands1964

Hello?

Revelant responses would be greatly appreciated, considering my weeks
worth of waiting.

James

Old May 14th 05, 04:19 AM
Rocky

hiredhands1964 said in rec.pets.dogs.health:

Revelant responses would be greatly appreciated,
considering my weeks worth of waiting.

Grooming questions are more appropriate for rec.pets.dog.breeds

Old May 14th 05, 03:49 PM
Michael A. Ball

On 13 May 2005 19:40:23 -0700, "hiredhands1964"
wrote:

Revelant responses would be greatly appreciated, considering my weeks
worth of waiting.

Are electrical clippers for human hair pretty much the same as the
electrical clippers for dog hair or is there a significant difference
in performance?...

When no one responds, it almost always means that no one who saw the
question knows the answer, and/or can provide a correct answer.
{Usually, someone will answer--whether they know what they're talking
about or not.]

I'll take a shot at this one. Your clippers weren't strong enough
because the amount of wire in the motor windings were too small and/or
too few to carry the electrons needed to drive the motor, hence the
blades, through such dense hair.

So, here are the differences I know of: The good groomer clippers cost
far more than the home-human clippers because they have more powerful,
more durable, maintainable motors. They have replaceable motor brushes.
They have a stronger, better engineered drive mechanism; and they have a
variety of interchangeable blades--not merely a set of depth of cut
guides.

I hope that helps.

Whatever it takes.