News du Jour

Old April 25th 05, 06:31 PM

Default News du Jour

rubber ducky, you're the one..."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...00/4466093.stm

thank the deities that i don't live in Italy
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...aly_animals_dc

http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
http://letters-to-esther.blogspot.com/ (updated 4/3/05)
Old April 25th 05, 07:46 PM
Tee

"shelly" wrote in message
arble.net...
rubber ducky, you're the one..."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...00/4466093.stm

thank the deities that i don't live in Italy
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...aly_animals_dc

Wow. Talk about an effective way to reduce pet population. I strongly
suspect that if we had laws like that here, or even in one state, we'd see
the number of dogs being bred dropping off significantly because there'd be
fewer & fewer buyers. Maybe that's a hoped-for benefit in Turin.

--
Tara

Old April 25th 05, 08:15 PM

on 2005-04-25 at 14:46 wrote:

Wow. Talk about an effective way to reduce pet population.

no kidding!

I strongly suspect that if we had laws like that here, or
even in one state, we'd see the number of dogs being bred
dropping off significantly because there'd be fewer & fewer
buyers. Maybe that's a hoped-for benefit in Turin.

while i don't support anti-crop/dock laws, at least i
understand why many people want to see them enacted. what i
*don't* understand is this three walks a day law. it makes no
sense to me. what happens if the owner can't pay the fine?
is there a provision for how long those walks should be?
does it take into account the needs of individual dogs? are
there things one can do in lieu of walks? there are plenty of
dogs who don't get three walks a day who manage to be well
exercised and socialized. at the same time, there are plenty
of dogs who *do* get three walks a day who aren't sufficiently
exercised and socialized. i just can't fathom how such
legislation can possibly be helpful.

Old April 26th 05, 12:32 AM
Paula

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:15:06 -0500, shelly
wrote:

on 2005-04-25 at 14:46 wrote:

[...]

My dogs don't get three walks a day. They have a yard to play fetch
in, though, so I don't think they want me to go to jail over it.

--
Paula
"Anyway, other people are weird, but sometimes they have candy, so it's best to try to get along with them." Joe Bay
Old April 26th 05, 12:55 AM

Paula wrote:
My dogs don't get three walks a day.

I get at least three walks a day, but my dogs don't. We're
still figuring out how to juggle the six-dog walk schedule.

The Senate has approved over 200 of George Bush's judicial nominees,
10 of the 13 federal appeals court have a majority of Republican appointees
Old April 26th 05, 04:16 AM
TomH

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 12:31:06 -0500, shelly
wrote:

thank the deities that i don't live in Italy
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...aly_animals_dc

Maybe they're trying to get the canine population in shape
for next years' winter Olympics.

http://www.torino2006.org/index.php?lang=en

--
+ TomH + antonomasia-at-canada-dot-com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Also: http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/gey_chr0.htm
Old April 26th 05, 04:31 AM
Child

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message
Paula wrote:
My dogs don't get three walks a day.

I get at least three walks a day, but my dogs don't. We're
still figuring out how to juggle the six-dog walk schedule.

You need some sort of polygamous relationship with five other people. Each
can walk a dog.

From: Marty Wallace AKA Oscar firec3medic Dog behavior 3 March 1st 05 07:09 AM
· · · Have You Heard The Good News? · · · [email protected] Dog health 0 January 29th 05 11:46 PM
News Story Vent badgirl Dog behavior 96 September 20th 03 06:55 PM
News Story Vent badgirl Dog behavior 0 September 16th 03 03:56 PM
News Story Vent badgirl Dog behavior 0 September 16th 03 03:56 PM