Cant we get rid of this muppet!!!

Old April 28th 05, 06:16 PM
dollymarie

Default Cant we get rid of this muppet!!!

All I have is pages and pages of this I cant spell muppet, its really
ruining this section!
Maybe others have managed to block him, but I dont know how to do the kill
file thingy!
Bog off you twit!
Dollymarie

Old April 28th 05, 06:27 PM
diddy

in thread
lkaboutpets.com:
"dollymarie" whittled the following words:

All I have is pages and pages of this I cant spell muppet, its really
ruining this section!
Maybe others have managed to block him, but I dont know how to do the
kill file thingy!
Bog off you twit!
Dollymarie

I don't believe talkaboutpets.com has a killfile , but you can access
usenet through supernew.com *which is the newsfeed that talkaboutpets uses)
Possibly your isp provides a news service (email them and ask) and then
download a real news reader service and you can killfile to your hearts
content
Old April 28th 05, 06:47 PM
GWB

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:16:08 -0400, "dollymarie"
wrote:

Maybe others have managed to block him, but I dont know how to do the kill
file thingy!

Do yourself a favor and figure it out.
Without a killfile, I would skip Usenet altogether.

Old April 28th 05, 07:52 PM
Rocky

GWB said in rec.pets.dogs.health:

Maybe others have managed to block him, but I dont know how
to do the kill file thingy!

Do yourself a favor and figure it out.

I've walked dollymarie through it befo how to set up a proper
news account, etc - but received no reponse. It seems that all
she wants to do is complain.

Old April 28th 05, 09:03 PM
Sharon too

I've walked dollymarie through it befo how to set up a proper
news account, etc - but received no reponse. It seems that all
she wants to do is complain.

Kermit the Frog is on the NG? If Fozzy Bear is with him, can we call it a
Muppet maelstrom?

;-)

Old April 28th 05, 10:36 PM
dollymarie

I've walked dollymarie through it befo how to set up a proper
news account, etc - but received no reponse. It seems that all
she wants to do is complain.

I dont just want to complain its just im not very computer literate and I
must have missed what you said, I do read this through talkabout pets, can
you be a bit more constructive and walk me through it again!
Dollymarie

Old April 29th 05, 02:39 AM
Rocky

dollymarie said in rec.pets.dogs.health:

I dont just want to complain its just im not very computer
literate and I must have missed what you said, I do read
this through talkabout pets, can you be a bit more
constructive and walk me through it again!

First, you'll have to move away from web-based newsgroup readers
like google and talkaboutpets.com. Second, you'll need access
to your ISP's Usenet (newsgroup) feed.

So, if you're willing to do the above: contact your internet
service provider and ask them about Usenet (also known as
"newsgroups" or just "news"). Then email me privately and I'll
walk you through it if they can't.

Old April 29th 05, 07:31 AM
dollymarie

First, you'll have to move away from web-based newsgroup readers
like google and talkaboutpets.com. Second, you'll need access
to your ISP's Usenet (newsgroup) feed.

So, if you're willing to do the above: contact your internet
service provider and ask them about Usenet (also known as
"newsgroups" or just "news"). Then email me privately and I'll
walk you through it if they can't

Thankyou, I am away this weekend but I will do it on Monday and get back
to you.
Dollymarie

Old April 29th 05, 03:05 PM
Rocky

dollymarie said in rec.pets.dogs.health:

Thankyou, I am away this weekend but I will do it on Monday
and get back to you.

We'll also talk about quoting and attributions.

Old May 2nd 05, 09:04 AM
dollymarie

Right I have contacted my ISP and they dont have a news group, they are
called homecall and do my phone and internet as a package.

So can you help me please, you can see my email on my posts but yours says
protected, so I cant see it.

I also have msn messenger if thats quicker for you.
Dollymarie