Buffalo Agility

Old April 29th 05, 02:52 PM
Rocky

Default Buffalo Agility

http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y28253DFA

Old April 29th 05, 05:14 PM
Sionnach

I don't even have to look at the link to know that you're discussing Buzz
Berg's escapees. g

His farm - on which he's been keeping exotic animals, and outraging his
neighbors, for at least 25 years- is about 5 miles from my house. (No, I
didn't get to see the bison stampede, durnit.)

Old April 29th 05, 05:38 PM
Rocky

Melanie L Chang said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

The first thought I had was,
gee, those guys could sure use a couple of Border Collies.

Heh, I was thinking ACD.

But, yup, the police could have used a herding lesson. The tv
news last night didn't show the Buffalo jumping the net, though,
which was the cool part of the item I posted.

Old April 29th 05, 06:23 PM
Janet B

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 12:14:57 -0400, "Sionnach"
wrote:

I don't even have to look at the link to know that you're discussing Buzz
Berg's escapees. g

His farm - on which he's been keeping exotic animals, and outraging his
neighbors, for at least 25 years- is about 5 miles from my house. (No, I
didn't get to see the bison stampede, durnit.)

It was interesting. A guy down the street from me (Marriotsville Rd
and 32) used to have a herd, but they've gone to be burgers I believe.

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com
Old May 2nd 05, 03:27 AM
Sionnach

"dogsnus" wrote:

Do you have any idea why his neighbors are outraged as his practices?

Because he's a self-made man who bought property in the middle of an
old-money "society" area, and didn't behave the way they thought he should -
including keeping exotic animals in fields near the road, and coming and
going in a helicopter.

Old May 2nd 05, 03:31 AM
Sionnach

"dogsnus" wrote:

The picture in the link shows a potential Darwin Award in the making.

Heh. I just went and looked at it - they didn't show the picture of one of
the officers getting knocked over on his keister.
However, it's worth pointing out that the bison are relatively tame; I
don't think the officers were in all that much more danger than they would
have been rounding up cattle.