Calling Californians...State Bill AB762

Old April 30th 05, 05:59 AM

Default Calling Californians...State Bill AB762

Under this bill it says we groomers may not do anything which 'disturbs
the skin'. Well pulling hair from the inside the ear disturbs the skin.
That hair will mat up into a big knot inside the dog's ear if it's not
pulled out. But we will not be allowed to pull hair from the ears if
this bill passes. Who will do it then? An untrained owner poking down
into their pets ear canal?

Under provision one, any procedure an animal objects to would be
disallowed. =A0 Bathing, cutting nails--if the pet seriously objects it
would be against the law for a groomer to perform. Who will cut their
nails then? =A0 Most owners are terrifed to cut their dog's nails.

These are just two examples of how this bill will negatively impact
California pets.

Please, for the health & welfare of the pets in California, sign this
petition!
http://www.petitiononline.com/groomers/petition.html
Thank you, Barbara

Old April 30th 05, 03:39 PM
mechtild

To trim it we would need to put scissors down inside an animals ear. No
way! How could anyone see what they were cutting? Ever looked inside some
ears? Some of full of knobs & lobes. Also, animals are moving objects,
unlike we humans who sit still nicely when being groomed