RIP my Sissy

Old April 30th 05, 02:41 PM

Default RIP my Sissy

Sissy the Shar Pei, 13 y.o. Loved and herished, now at peace.

flick 100785
Old April 30th 05, 03:01 PM

diddy wrote in news:Xns964879D1B7061danny@
216.196.97.142:

Blessing Sissy, and hugs to you. I'm sorry for your loss.

Thanks :-).

flick 100785
Old May 1st 05, 01:06 AM

"HouseODogs" wrote in
:

Living Love

If you ever love an animal, there are three days in your life you
will
always remember...

The first is a day, blessed with happiness, when you bring home your
young
new friend. You may have spent weeks deciding on a breed. You may have
asked numerous opinions of many vets, or done long research in finding
a breeder. Or, perhaps in a fleeting moment, you may have just chosen
that silly looking mutt in a shelter - simply because something in its
eyes reached your heart. But when you bring that chosen pet home, and
watch it explore, and claim its special place in your hall or front
room - and when you feel it brush against you for the first time - it
instills a feeling of pure love you will carry with you through the
many years to come.

The second day will occur eight or nine or ten years later. It will
be a
day like any other. Routine and unexceptional. But, for a surprising
instant, you will look at your long-time friend and see age where you
once saw youth. You will see slow deliberate steps where you once saw
energy. And you will see sleep where you once saw activity. So you
will begin to adjust your friend's diet - and you may add a pill or
two to her food. And you may feel a growing fear deep within yourself,
which bodes of a coming emptiness. And you will feel this uneasy
feeling, on and off, until the third day finally arrives.

And on this day - if your friend and God have not decided for you,
then
you will be faced with making a decision of your own - on behalf of
your lifelong friend, and with the guidance of your own deepest
Spirit. But whichever way your friend eventually leaves you - you will
feel as alone as a single star in the dark night. If you are wise, you
will let the tears flow as freely and as often as they must. And if
you are typical, you will find that not many in your circle of family
or friends will be able to understand your grief, or comfort you. But
if you are true to the love of the pet you cherished through the many
joy-filled years, you may find that a soul - a bit smaller in size
than your own - seems to walk with you, at times, during the lonely
days to come. And at moments when you least expect anything out of the
ordinary to happen, you may feel something brush against your leg -
very very lightly. And looking down at the place where your dear,
perhaps dearest, friend used to lie - you will remember those three
significant days. The memory will most likely be painful, and leave an
ache in your heart. As time passes, the ache will come and go as it
has a life of its own. You will both reject it and embrace it, and it
may confuse you. If you reject it, it will depress you. If you embrace
it, it will deepen you. Either way, it will still be an ache.

But there will be, I assure you, a fourth day when - along with the
memory
of your pet - and piercing through the heaviness in your heart - there
will come a realization that belongs only to you. It will be as unique
and strong as our relationship with each animal we have loved, and
lost. This realization takes the form of a Living Love - like the
heavenly scent of a rose that remains after the petals have wilted,
this love will remain and grow - and be there for us to remember. It
is a love we have earned. It is the legacy our pets leave us when they
go. And it is a gift we may keep with us as long as we live. It is a
love which is ours alone. And until we ourselves leave, perhaps to
join our beloved pets - it is a love that we will always possess.

~ Written by Martin Scot Kosins, Author of "Maya's First Rose" ~

Thank you for posting this. I'd never read it before. And it's a
keeper.

flick 100785

Old May 1st 05, 04:02 AM
Theresa Willis

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 09:41:42 -0400, "
wrote:

Sissy the Shar Pei, 13 y.o. Loved and herished, now at peace.

flick 100785

Sorry to here this.
Old May 1st 05, 10:30 PM
Black Sheep

The Last Will and Testament of Agnes

Written by Agnes' master Frank Perchstein, and originally published in the
Beloit Daily News, Wisconsin, U.S.A.

My material possessions are few, and I leave them all to you. A collar,
chewed on one end, with two studs missing, a lumpy dog bed, and my chipped
water dish. I leave you half a rubber ball, which you will find under the
refrigerator, a rubber mouse with the whistle missing, located behind the
kitchen stove, and dozens of bones under the rose bushes and in the flower
beds. Mostly I leave you memories, which are many.

I leave you the memory of soft brown eyes, a stubby tail, a brown flecked
nose and my whine at the back door. I leave you the spot of sunshine that
was cast through the window on to the living room rug at 4 o'clock winter
afternoons which I appropriated for my own as I curled into a ball.

I leave you a tattered rug in front of your easy chair which was not
repaired with exactly the same kind of yarn. I chewed it when I was a
senseless five month puppy...remember? I also leave you the memory of my
first spanking and my forgiveness. I leave you a hollow trench which you
will find under the bushes near the front porch, where I found asylum during
the hot summer days. It's full of leaves now so you might have trouble
finding it.

I bequeath you the sound I made scampering through a carpet of October
leaves when we tramped through the woods together. I leave you remembered
moments of mornings sitting together on the bank awaiting that first nibble.
I remember your laughter at my encounter with the rabbit I couldn't catch.
I leave you my devotion, my sympathy when things go wrong... Without ever
having spoken a word in my life, I leave you lessons in patience, tolerance,
love and understanding. You life has been the richer because I lived.

Old May 1st 05, 11:06 PM
PapaBear

You have my sympathy, Please remember the good times

Old May 2nd 05, 03:22 AM

PapaBear wrote in
:

wrote:

Sissy the Shar Pei, 13 y.o. Loved and herished, now at peace.

Many thanks to all.

flick 100785