Is there an online poster-type photo gallery of dog breeds

Old April 30th 05, 11:14 PM
Roy Gardner

Default Is there an online poster-type photo gallery of dog breeds

Hello all,

I am new to learning the different breeds of dogs and have tried to
find an online photo gallery of dog photos so that I can learn them.

I only found one listed from this group in Google searching, but that
was five years ago and the site is defunct.

Is there such a gallery?

Thanks for any help with this.

Roy Gardner
Old May 1st 05, 12:18 AM
Tiger Lily

try the American Kennel Club for a complete
listing of recognized breeds that they have

google for AKC & Dogs to find them...... or
"American Kennel Club"

"Roy Gardner" wrote in
message

Old May 1st 05, 02:21 AM
Rocky

Roy Gardner said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

Is there such a gallery?

I've never found one particular gallery. Reputable registry web
sites are the best way to go. Here are the sites I look at for
pictures (the first sucks - they've been in a redesign phase
forever):
http://www.ckc.ca/
http://www.akc.org/
http://www.ukcdogs.com/
http://www.ankc.aust.com/
http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/

I've lost the rare breed dogs registry page, but IIRC it's a
good one.

Old May 1st 05, 07:02 PM
Fassen

"Roy Gardner" wrote in message

Hello all,

I am new to learning the different breeds of dogs and have tried to
find an online photo gallery of dog photos so that I can learn them.

I only found one listed from this group in Google searching, but that
was five years ago and the site is defunct.

Is there such a gallery?

Thanks for any help with this.

Roy Gardner

I often go to www.dogbreedinfo.com/abc.htm. It's not a gallery per se, but
they do have OK photos as well as descriptions of the various breeds.

Rox

Old May 2nd 05, 01:02 AM
Roy Gardner

Thanks everyone. These URLs are a big help.

Roy Gardner
Old May 2nd 05, 03:34 PM
KWBrown

"Fassen" wrote in :

I often go to www.dogbreedinfo.com/abc.htm. It's not a gallery per se,
but they do have OK photos as well as descriptions of the various
breeds.

For what it's worth, Roy, take what you find at this site with a grain of
salt. Some of the "breeds" described are not breeds, but fashionable
mutts. They list the puppy-mill registry, the "Continental Kennel Club" as
the "CKC", giving it a varnish of respectability due instead to the
Canadian Kennel Club. They appear to exist as a front end for classified
pups-for-bucks ads, and the breed descriptions are also sometimes suspect.

I'd stick with the established kennel club and breed club sites, a good
paper (paper!) encyclopaedia of dog breeds, and as many trips to dog shows
as you can afford. Go see 'em in the flesh.

--
Kate
and Storm the FCR
Old May 2nd 05, 03:36 PM
KWBrown

Rocky wrote in
:

Roy Gardner said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

Is there such a gallery?

I've never found one particular gallery. Reputable registry web
sites are the best way to go. Here are the sites I look at for
pictures (the first sucks - they've been in a redesign phase
forever):

No kidding about the CKC site. I really wish the club would quit with
the infighting and start doing a better job of serving the dog
community.

http://www.ckc.ca/
http://www.akc.org/

It is my humble opinion that the FCR at the AKC site has a sloping
topline and looks vaguely like a geek. :-)

http://www.ukcdogs.com/
http://www.ankc.aust.com/
http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/

I've lost the rare breed dogs registry page, but IIRC it's a
good one.

There is no better way to learn about different dogs than to put your
hands on them. I spent the weekend at a hunt test [1] and stayed at
Storm's breeder's home for two nights. Four+ years in this breed, and
I'm still such a rank novice... but S. had me go over every dog in her
place, and then talked me through the dogs we saw at the hunt test. I'm
still a rank novice, but I have a better eye for *one* kennel's range of
dogs.

--
Kate
and Storm the FCR

[1] ...and we had two back-to-back Senior Hunter passes...

Golden Retriever Forum, Photo Gallery and Link Exchane [email protected] Dog behavior 0 April 13th 05 04:37 PM
From: Marty Wallace AKA Oscar firec3medic Dog behavior 3 March 1st 05 07:09 AM
Pit bull photo gallery FurPaw Dog behavior 0 August 21st 04 12:03 AM
Pit bull photo gallery FurPaw Dog behavior 0 August 21st 04 12:03 AM
Online Photo Album for your Pets hisingapore.com Dog activities 0 July 21st 04 02:24 PM