Another Amstaff?????

Old May 4th 05, 02:26 PM
Pat your Pit

Default Another Amstaff?????

Hi,
I would be grateful for some informed opinions on my situation.
My Amstaff is epileptic and is not expected to live a very long life,
even though at present he is healthy. For security reasons I would like
to get another Amstaff to train up. However, my Amstaff is extremely
dog aggressive and I would have to permantently separate the two
(whether dog or bitch).
I'd like to mention that my Amstaff was brought up in a family
environment and was never encouraged to be aggressive. He is also the
most loyal (almost to the point of obsessive) and obedient dog I've
ever owned.
Should I risk stressing my Amstaff or wait until that 'dreaded' day
arrives and then put up with a 6 month 'unsecure' period while my new
pup grows up.
Thanks....... PB

Old May 5th 05, 01:17 AM
Pat your Pit

Thanks for your advice - you confirmed my current line of thought - I'd
love to get a rescue dog but in Australia, dogs with this breeding
aren't easy to find. I'll make the most of my 'boy' while he's still
here..... thanks!!!