Collie season & vomitting

Old May 6th 05, 03:13 PM
Stom Fairecroire

Default Collie season & vomitting

Recently we lost our German Shepherd due to cancer. Seven days ago got a
16 month old Collie bitch to fill the hole in our home. The breader
provided a good supply of food for continuity and advised that the
Collie was about due to go into season. However,we wanted to give her
time to get settled with us before taking her to the vet so decided to
take a chance and to hold off. About 4 days ago she started to show
signs of some looseness in her droppings; two days ago she began a small
amount of vomitting and disinterested in her food. Today we notice she
has started her season and my query is, are these things related or is
it likely that there is a health problem that needs a vet.s attention??

Regards and thanks.
Stom
Old May 7th 05, 01:59 PM
buglady

"Stom Fairecroire" wrote in message
About 4 days ago she started to show
signs of some looseness in her droppings; two days ago she began a small
amount of vomitting and disinterested in her food. Today we notice she
has started her season and my query is, are these things related or is
it likely that there is a health problem that needs a vet.s attention??

.......don't know, but I'd ask the vet. Your new dog should go to your vet
anyway for a check up. Also while you kept the food the same, the water may
be different, which can cause a temporary problem. Could be stress also.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old May 10th 05, 10:42 AM
Stom Fairecroire

buglady wrote:
"Stom Fairecroire" wrote in message
About 4 days ago she started to show

signs of some looseness in her droppings; two days ago she began a small
amount of vomitting and disinterested in her food. Today we notice she
has started her season and my query is, are these things related or is
it likely that there is a health problem that needs a vet.s attention??

......don't know, but I'd ask the vet. Your new dog should go to your vet
anyway for a check up. Also while you kept the food the same, the water may
be different, which can cause a temporary problem. Could be stress also.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Thanks for your reply. We have now taken her to the vet - he says not to
worry at this stage.
Stom