A nice dog story

Old May 11th 05, 02:17 AM
quietguy

Default A nice dog story

I really like this - so stole it from another group, but don't know the
author to give them their due credit

David

A man and his dog were walking along a road enjoying the scenery, when
it occurred to him that he was dead. He remembered dying, and that the
dog walking beside him had been dead for years.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall. It looked like
fine marble. At the top of a long hill was a tall arch that glowed in
the sunlight. A magnificent gate of Mother of Pearl led to a street of
pure gold.

He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a
man at a desk to one side. He called out, "Excuse me, where are we?"

"This is Heaven, sir," the man answered.

"Would you happen to have some water?" the man asked.

"Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought
right up."

The man gestured, and the gate began to open.

"Can my friend come in, too?" the traveler asked.

"I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets."

The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and
continued on with his dog.

After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to

a dirt road which led through a farm gate that looked as if it had never

been closed. There was no fence. As he approached the gate, he saw a
man leaning against a tree and reading a book.

"Excuse me!" he called to the reader. "Do you have any water?"

"Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there. Come on in."

"How about my friend here?" the traveler gestured to the dog

"There should be a bowl by the pump."

The traveler filled the bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave

some to the dog. He and the dog walked back toward the man who was
standing by the tree waiting for them.

"What do you call this place?" the traveler asked.

"This is Heaven," the man answered.

"Well, that's confusing," the traveler said. "The man down the road said

that was Heaven, too."

"Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope.
That's Hell."

"Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?"

"No we're just happy that they screen out the folks who'll leave their
best friends behind."

Old May 11th 05, 04:00 AM

quietguy wrote:
I really like this - so stole it from another group, but don't know the
author to give them their due credit

It's lifted from, probably among other places, an old
Twilight Zone episode.

Old May 12th 05, 09:26 PM
Alison

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message
In article

,
quietguy

wrote:
I really like this - so stole it from another group, but don't know

the
author to give them their due credit

It's lifted from, probably among other places, an old
Twilight Zone episode.

It's a nice story though
Alison

Nice Story Sitmeanssit Dog behavior 0 December 17th 03 07:55 AM
Nice Story Sitmeanssit Dog behavior 0 December 17th 03 07:55 AM
Nice Story Sitmeanssit Dog behavior 0 December 17th 03 07:55 AM
Nice Story Sitmeanssit Dog behavior 0 December 17th 03 07:55 AM
Nice story on a recent graduate of our school Sitmeanssit Dog behavior 0 October 7th 03 02:38 PM