Ping shelly

Old May 14th 05, 04:19 AM
Tee

Default Ping shelly

Due to a remark about asking Tara something in a recent thread of Lucy's I
went Googling. I wasn't sure which Tara was being referenced and began to
think that Lucy was a Juanita sock. I saw where Summer was invoked, yet
again, in the Introducing... thread. Thank you for going to the trouble to
defend me and trying to set the record straight. I haven't been reading the
ng for a couple of weeks so I was unaware of what was going on.

--
Tara

Old May 14th 05, 04:32 AM
Rocky

Tee said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Thank you for going to the trouble to
defend me and trying to set the record straight.

That's what shelly does, and is why she's not allowed to leave
for long. What some perceive as being picky, I see as dotting
'T's and crossing 'I's.

Old May 14th 05, 05:11 AM
Suja

Rocky wrote:

That's what shelly does, and is why she's not allowed to leave
for long. What some perceive as being picky, I see as dotting
'T's and crossing 'I's.

Not to mention that she seems to have the infinite patience required to
continue to enlighten maroons and socks.

Suja
Old May 14th 05, 05:54 PM

On Fri, 13 May 2005 23:19:07 -0400, "Tee"
wrote:

Due to a remark about asking Tara something in a recent thread of Lucy's I
went Googling. I wasn't sure which Tara was being referenced and began to
think that Lucy was a Juanita sock.

i'm thinking she has to be some sort of sock puppet.

I saw where Summer was invoked, yet
again, in the Introducing... thread. Thank you for going to the trouble to
defend me and trying to set the record straight. I haven't been reading the
ng for a couple of weeks so I was unaware of what was going on.

you're most welcome! i guess i feel extra cranky about people like Lucy
using Summer as a platform to spew ignorant BS, because i've had a small
taste of what it must be like to live with a dog like her. i can't
imagine how difficult it must've been for you to put her down. no one
should second guess that decision.

http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette || http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. You are
responsible for your rose.
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Old May 14th 05, 06:13 PM

On 14 May 2005 03:32:35 GMT, Rocky wrote:

That's what shelly does, and is why she's not allowed to leave
for long. What some perceive as being picky, I see as dotting
'T's and crossing 'I's.

heh. that's a nice way of saying "anal retentive." what's funny is
that even the other catalogers i work with can't understand how i can
tolerate cataloging gov docs. cataloging takes serious "attention to
detail," but cataloging gov docs is something else altogether.

http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette || http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com

Fear gives courage wings.
-- Bauhaus, Spirit

Old May 14th 05, 06:13 PM

On Sat, 14 May 2005 00:11:20 -0400, Suja wrote:

Not to mention that she seems to have the infinite patience required to
continue to enlighten maroons and socks.

nah, that's sheer bloody-minded pig-headedness. y'all can, um, thank
grandma for that.

now, if i could only find some motivation to go with that
pig-headedness. i've got artwork due in the mail on Monday and i
haven't even started on it yet.

http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette || http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do
it, it is not all mixed up.
-- A.A. Milne

Old May 14th 05, 07:40 PM
Tee

wrote:

Due to a remark about asking Tara something in a recent thread of Lucy's I
went Googling. I wasn't sure which Tara was being referenced and began to
think that Lucy was a Juanita sock.

i'm thinking she has to be some sort of sock puppet.

I don't know. Her posts just reminded me of "Juanita"

you're most welcome! i guess i feel extra cranky about people like Lucy
using Summer as a platform to spew ignorant BS, because i've had a small
taste of what it must be like to live with a dog like her. i can't
imagine how difficult it must've been for you to put her down. no one
should second guess that decision.

Having lived with so many dogs for rescue, and having been the person who
got to know all the other foster dogs via their foster parents for adoption
purposes, I can easily identify normal, abnormal and seriously troubled (ie
potentially dangerous) in the breed. Summer, unfortunately, was the latter
and the signs were there very early on. That doesn't mean I miss her any
less but I certainly don't second-guess the decision I made. I wasn't
single and in an environment that allowed for 100% seclusion and no one
accidentally letting her out. Nor was she the kind of dog who would've
taken to another owner.

What gets me is that people call for heads to roll when dogs attack people,
especially children. The owner must've known the dog was dangerous, the dog
must've shown prior signs of aggression, how could the owner allow the dog
to pose a threat to anyone, the owner deserves what they get and so on. I
believe it was Michael Ball who gleefully stated that the mother of the dead
little girl who was recently attacked by the family Pit Bulls deserves to
have lost her child.

I happen to heartily disagree with the last statement but I do agree that
when a person has a dog who displays human aggression and/or is
unpredictable in a potentially dangerous way then they have two choices.
Either guarantee that the dog will never, ever, for the rest of its life, be
in a position to cause someone harm (and I'm talking being able to guarantee
there are never any "accidents") and be able to live up to that guarantee or
put the dog to sleep. Its really too bad that people who've never been in
that situation, who are torn between protecting and trying to "fix" a dog
they love and protecting their family & the public in general from said dog,
feel that they have the authority to judge someone who is in that position.

--
Tara

Counter Cruising must stop Marie Dog behavior 872 November 1st 04 03:34 AM
shelly DETHRONES NESSA as MVP (Most Valuable Psychotic) of dog newsgroups!! _michael 2.76 Dog behavior 0 September 20th 04 01:28 AM
Ping shelly Dimpled Chad Dog behavior 16 March 10th 04 06:15 PM
Ping shelly Dimpled Chad Dog behavior 0 March 9th 04 03:59 PM
Ping shelly Dimpled Chad Dog behavior 0 March 9th 04 03:59 PM