Dye safe for dogs?

Old May 18th 05, 06:49 AM
Debbie the Dogged

Default Dye safe for dogs?

I want to dye pure-white Angel purple or blue or green for a special
event - anyone know a *safe*, temporary dye I could use? Doesn't need
to be a bright color, subtle is fine also.
--
Debbie the Dogged das at spamcop dot net
"Poodles are space aliens who think they've disguised
Old May 18th 05, 01:44 PM
Kathleen

Debbie the Dogged wrote:

I want to dye pure-white Angel purple or blue or green for a special
event - anyone know a *safe*, temporary dye I could use? Doesn't need
to be a bright color, subtle is fine also.

Food coloring. Go to the spice section and get the single color 2-ounce
bottles rather than the little 4-packs of assorted squeeze colors.
Dilute it with a little water then brush it through the fur with an old
toothbrush. It will rub off on furniture, carpet and clothes so you may
want to shampoo her immediately after her event. All the color may not
come out with the first washing, but it will stop rubbing off on her
surroundings. Blue is probably the easiest to get rid of. Orange is a
disaster. My BC puppy's white fur was dyed orange for her first
Halloween and though I shampooed her repeatedly her white looked like
old dentures for several weeks afterward.

Kathleen

Old May 18th 05, 01:53 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

Debbie the Dogged wrote in
:

I want to dye pure-white Angel purple or blue or green for a special
event - anyone know a *safe*, temporary dye I could use? Doesn't need
to be a bright color, subtle is fine also.

Kool-aid.

Here are the results of my Google-fu:
http://www.faqs.org/qa/qa-13809.html
http://mdmd.essortment.com/koolaiddyehai_pwc.htm

And here is the google search page I used:
http://www.google.ca/search?num=50&h...lient=firefox-
a&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&q=hair+dye+kool-aid&spell=1

or

http://makeashorterlink.com/?H3B11291B

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old May 18th 05, 05:13 PM
Rocky

Debbie the Dogged said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I want to dye pure-white Angel purple or blue or green for
a special event - anyone know a *safe*, temporary dye I
could use? Doesn't need to be a bright color, subtle is
fine also.

A friend ran her Samoyed at the AAC Nationals last year with a
red maple leaf on each side. She first shaved her Sammy's sides
and then used the temporary hair dye that people use.

Old May 20th 05, 11:44 PM
Child

"Debbie the Dogged" wrote in message
.. .
I want to dye pure-white Angel purple or blue or green for a special
event - anyone know a *safe*, temporary dye I could use? Doesn't need
to be a bright color, subtle is fine also.

on white "temporary" is somewhat of a misnomer - depending on the hair
texture it might take a while for all of the dye to come out. Kavik has
been dyed with paste food coloring, liquid food coloring and spray on
hairspray color. The hairspray was the most vivid, and the easiest to get
out.

Old May 20th 05, 11:46 PM
Child

"Rocky" wrote in message
Debbie the Dogged said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I want to dye pure-white Angel purple or blue or green for
a special event - anyone know a *safe*, temporary dye I
could use? Doesn't need to be a bright color, subtle is
fine also.

A friend ran her Samoyed at the AAC Nationals last year with a
red maple leaf on each side. She first shaved her Sammy's sides
and then used the temporary hair dye that people use.

A samoyed a nationals. Makes my whole day!
She SHAVED the sides! AH! I was wondering how she made anything but a red
blob wtih the long fur. Let her know that Kavik once did an agility demo
with an american flag painted on him with temporary hair dye. The stripes
were ok, but the little stars were a bitch.