Best Birthday Present!

Old May 20th 05, 07:15 PM
Robin

Default Best Birthday Present!

My dog, Annie, is 3/4 Shar Pei & 1/4 APBT and she turned 3
yrs old at the end of Feb. She has ALOT of Shar Pei
independence. Her favorite game has always been "you can't
get me." "Come" meant "run in the total opposite direction"
for the first two years of her life (now it means wait
where I am and let mom come get me, but that's another
story). My entire yard, front and back, is one large fenced
area; and she has been out of it (without a leash) twice in
her life. Once when she was around 5 months, I got a dog
sitter when we were out of town and he let her out of the
gate. He said he spent the next hour running in circles
around the neighbors trees until Annie finally let him catch
her. The second time I was having a party, and a guest left
the gate open while going to her vehicle and Annie was two
yards over in a heartbeat. Fast forward to last Sat night,
I had a birthday party. A guest came up and said "you know
what? Someone left your gait open." I was halfway out of
the door and she said "and Annie....." I stopped in my
tracks as my guest inserted a pregnant pause and then said
"Was right where she's supposed to be!" She said Annie was
sitting just inside of the gate wagging her tail like she
was waiting for guests. I knew it had been at least 20
minutes since the last guests left until the time that my
friend discovered the gate open. I was so proud of her!
She more than earned the nice slice of brisket she got. My
little girl is all grown up and turned into a beautiful dog
with a beautiful personality.

Robin
http://community.webshots.com/user/robinandtami

Happy Birthday! shelly Dog behavior 320 April 20th 04 02:34 PM
Happy Birthday! shelly Dog behavior 0 April 15th 04 12:30 PM
Happy Birthday! shelly Dog behavior 0 April 15th 04 12:30 PM
Happy Birthday! shelly Dog behavior 0 April 15th 04 12:30 PM
OT Geek Guy Present Judy Dog behavior 0 December 11th 03 10:23 PM