Re; Take that Fido!

Old May 21st 05, 04:14 AM
Borzoi

Default Re; Take that Fido!

Userbeam Remailer wrote in
:

All too often I have been witness to dog owners trying to correct
unwanted behavior by using pinch collars, choke chains, even rolled up
newspaper as well as bio sound contraptions to HURT the dog. Why?
So they "won't do it again".
All of these methods are barbaric and it will take longer to train

your
friend. In order to train a dog, you have to be smarter than the dog -

wise person once wrote.
You should try using positive enforcement in training your dog and
reward the wanted behavior to encourage furhter development in that
area.
There are many good books on the subject and I have sent you a

personal
email to list them so I do not show favoritism.
You may also want to drop by your local Human Society or if you dealt
through a breeder, ask whom they would suggest as different breeds

have
different temperments and abilities.

There are no quick methods that are effective IMO.
It takes time, dedication and love to accomplish, depending on the

level
training you want.

Generally, if all you are wanting is a companion that will walk on a
leash, heel, sit, stay etc. etc. your training time will be a lot less
than someone who would want to SHOW their dog.

I hope that helped Rebecca.

The REAL Puppy Wizard

This is a question for the REAL Puppy Wizard.
What in your opinion is the best way to start teaching a dog and who
what books would you suggest?
How long will it take to train a dog?
Thank you in advance, Rebecca

This can not be the Puppy Wizard.
This person is posting with some sound logic.
Not that the Puppy Wizard is w/o logic.
Can it be?