Importing Havanese from Hungary

Old May 21st 05, 12:39 PM
JNL

Default Importing Havanese from Hungary

It seems most of the Havanese found in pet stores are imported from Hungary.

Sure they have paperwork and all, but how trustful is the paperwork?

Are the imported Havanese the same quality of the ones from local breeders?

Any other concerns about adopting one that is imported?

Thanks.

Old May 21st 05, 06:53 PM
Sue

"JNL" wrote in message
nk.net...
It seems most of the Havanese found in pet stores are imported from
Hungary.

These puppies are from puppy mills as are most puppies in pet stores.

Sure they have paperwork and all, but how trustful is the paperwork?

Worth about as much as the paper it is written on - actually less because
the paper has been used.

Are the imported Havanese the same quality of the ones from local
breeders?

Depends on the quality of the local breeders. If you find a good breeder the
puppies should be better.

Any other concerns about adopting one that is imported?

I've imported dogs but from parents & breeders I'd met & knew by repute
before I met them. f they are in a pet store they will have been bred as a
cash crop - numbers more important than quality or health.
Don't buy from a pet shop, broker, puppy supermarket multi breed kennels or
from any place other where the pup was born & go & see that place. Check
with the national breeed club for recommendations.

I have just had a puppy returned & I took it back with no argument as should
all responsible breeders. This one is over thirteen years old!
Sue

What is the difference between the Havanese and Bichon Frise? JNL Dog breeds 2 May 21st 05 01:34 PM
Importing a puppy pagan Dog health 6 April 21st 05 06:14 AM
Is there a big temperament difference in havanese, bolonese and Coton de tulear? Aloha Dog behavior 0 April 25th 04 04:38 AM