How many people vaccinate there dogs

Old May 22nd 05, 08:45 PM
mommagsd4life

Default How many people vaccinate there dogs

I no longer vaccinate since I switched over to 100% raw feeding.A
nother rip off and a major source of income to Vets.
Mommagsd4life)

Old May 22nd 05, 10:23 PM
Furry

mommagsd4life wrote:

I no longer vaccinate since I switched over to 100% raw feeding.A
nother rip off and a major source of income to Vets.
Mommagsd4life)

I feed raw, but I sure do the puppy vaccines and booster at 1 year. A
very good explanation of immunity and how vaccines work can be found at
www.newvaccinationprotocols.com

Furry

Old May 22nd 05, 11:54 PM
Robin Nuttall

mommagsd4life wrote:
I no longer vaccinate since I switched over to 100% raw feeding.A
nother rip off and a major source of income to Vets.
Mommagsd4life)

Yeah, I know a guy who did that. Top breeder too. Then he lost one of
his best dogs at age 5 to parvo.

Feeding raw doesn't protect dogs from contageous viruses such as
parvovirus and corona virus. Feeding raw doesn't prevent a heartworm
laden mosquito from biting them. Feeding raw doesn't prevent rabies.
You're playing with a loaded gun there. Keep your dogs save. Vaccinate them.

Old May 23rd 05, 03:37 AM
Scott

I feed raw, but vaccinate very minimally. My holistic vet guides me
through the vaccinations. Do you use heartworm prevention,or are you in
an area with little or no heartworm problems?

Old May 24th 05, 12:28 AM
Spot

I have my dog vaccinated and only two of my cats. The other cat doesn't get
vaccinated any longer since she developed a fast moving giant cell tumor
from a rabies shot. I don't use flea medications on either the cats or the
dogs until there is a an outbreak. I don't like giving them more than
needed since it is all toxic in some sense.

As for the heartworm no area is free or even mildly infected the minimal
cost for interceptor on a monthly basis far outweighs the risk to the dog if
not given at all. I keep my dog on it year round I have seen what heartworm
can do to a dog and it's not something I want to put my dog through.

Celeste

mommagsd4life wrote:
I no longer vaccinate since I switched over to 100% raw feeding.A
nother rip off and a major source of income to Vets.
Mommagsd4life)

News==----

Newsgroups

=----

Old May 24th 05, 05:21 AM
Rocky

mommagsd4life said in rec.pets.dogs.health:

I no longer vaccinate since I switched over to 100% raw
feeding.A nother rip off and a major source of income to
Vets. Mommagsd4life)

I'm glad you've done your research, Michael, and that your dogs
are doing well.

Old May 25th 05, 03:13 AM
Rene

"Robin Nuttall" wrote in message

mommagsd4life wrote:
I no longer vaccinate since I switched over to 100% raw feeding.A
nother rip off and a major source of income to Vets.
Mommagsd4life)

Yeah, I know a guy who did that. Top breeder too. Then he lost one of his
best dogs at age 5 to parvo.

Feeding raw doesn't protect dogs from contageous viruses such as
parvovirus and corona virus. Feeding raw doesn't prevent a heartworm laden
mosquito from biting them. Feeding raw doesn't prevent rabies. You're
playing with a loaded gun there. Keep your dogs save. Vaccinate them.

First, my neighbor's fully vaccinated 1.5 year old dog died from Parvo.
Then my unvaccinated pup contracted it, but survived. My next door
neighbors unvaccinated pup never contracted it and the vaccinated pup in the
next house contracted it and survived. Kinda looks like a crap shoot.

From what I have read, Parvo is not as serious for the adult dog. Your
friend's 5 year old may have had other issues. My vet was surprised the 1.5
year old dog died from it.

For anyone that decides to forgo vaccinations, you must be prepared for the
worst...and have a credit card! Here's a great web page to take into
consideration:
http://www.caberfeidh.com/VaxNone.htm
Feeding raw is no guarantee (I feed raw also). Don't just blindly think
everything is going to be great. Although my pup did contract Parvo, I will
probably not vaccinate the next one either.

René

HELP with SIBERIAN HUSKY Jen R. Dog behavior 14 March 23rd 05 02:54 PM
Ping Leah Tracy Dog behavior 262 March 6th 05 01:38 AM
shelly DETHRONES NESSA as MVP (Most Valuable Psychotic) of dog newsgroups!! _michael 2.76 Dog behavior 0 September 20th 04 01:28 AM
shelly DETHRONES NESSA as MVP (Most Valuable Psychotic) of dog newsgroups!! _michael 2.76 Dog behavior 0 September 20th 04 01:28 AM
Some people need educating!! CPit_Dogs Dog breeds 12 November 13th 03 04:47 AM